Pathe News - Earls Court Motor Shows (1960's) - tack
Just found some fantastic footage of London Motor Shows from the 1960's. Oh, those clipped tones, the great smell of Brut, the hot pants..........oh and there are old cars too!

Utterly brilliant ....memories. I have driven one or two of the cars on show and remember my Dad having some too.

Follow this link for 1 of them, the remainder are on the right hand side of the youtube page.

tinyurl.com/pjzrgj

Pathe News - Earls Court Motor Shows (1960's) - Lud
OK tack, a reminder, yes... but that damn elevator music and the relentless jaunty inaccuracy of the commentary got on my nerves after one minute.

I only ever went to one Motor Show, at Earl's Court, and hated it. Of course to me those aren't old cars but rather carp new ones.

Edited by Lud on 05/06/2009 at 16:34

Pathe News - Earls Court Motor Shows (1960's) - bell boy
im sorry but without the cock a doodle doo intro before the pathe news trailer it just isnt cricket old boy so i refuse to watch it
Pathe News - Earls Court Motor Shows (1960's) - Talking Hoarse
There is some fabulous old footage on BritishPathe.com, for all to see. Worth a sniff around.
Not just car stuff either, lots of local interest, news items etc. I was priveleged to even stumble over footage that included my grandfather from 1929.
I think the site has changed recently, but used to alllow download of a low res version for free or pay about £30 for a good copy.