01 1.6 factory fit radio/CD player not working - RogerM4
I have a 2001 Honda Civic 1.6 SE VTEC with a Honda radio/CD player. Recently the radio/CD player suddenly stopped working and the clock, that is normally visible on the display whenever the ignition is on (even if the radio/cd is off), disappeared. I checked and changed the dedicated radio fuse in the accessories fuse box even though it seemed to be OK. The radio/cd player would still not work, neither did the clock reappear. Is there a fuse in the radio itself that could be the source of the problem? Or could there be another explanation? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/03/2009 at 00:03

01 1.6 factory fit radio/CD player not working - mimbo
My cd/radio packed up and it was not covered under the warrentie, went to halfords and had a cd/radio fitted for £150 and I had one with a clock on it
Before my cd/radio packed up it was playing up, would play full blust cd music when the car was locked up
I owned the civic for nearly for 4 years, it was a very nice car but very basic
01 1.6 factory fit radio/CD player not working - Woodspeed
Many units have a line fuse very near the unit, or even plugged into the back. But you can get excellent units that play MP3 CDs now from Clarion, JVC, Sony, etc, from about £50, plus the necessary fitting kit and fascia for a Honda from about £20.