2005 1.4TDi - power loss accelerating - Alastair
My 55 reg 1.4tdi looses power when accelerating t admittedly highish speed in fifth overtaking on motorways.It is something to do with turbo as engine keeps running but with embarrassing and dangerous lack of oomph. But switch off ignition briefly and then turn on again and everything picks up -- usually. Skoda agent ran it on computer for an hour and says there is nothing wrong .......................

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/11/2008 at 13:41

55 1.4 power loss accelerating - smokescreen
If at highish speeds, is there a possabililty your coming off the stream of torque? What RPMs are you losing the acceleration?

Was it always like this?
55 1.4 power loss accelerating - plexer
I currently have my 06 Fabia Bohemia 1.4tdi at my local skoda retailer for this exact fault.

They changed the turbo 2 months ago and we thought that was the end of the problem until last wednesday.

I was on the way home frmo Blackpool and about 60 miles from I changed down to 4 to overtake a lorry and the power just went as it had done before.

Unless the skoda technician witnesses the fault or the diagnostic logs something they will say there is nothing wrong just like mine.

My car was in the retailer last friday and they told me nothing was wrong.

2 miles from the garage it went wrong so I was able to take it back and take the technician for a drive to prove the fault.

I found that if I accelerated hard in every gear changing at 4,000 revs once I got in to fith the car still pulls until the power goes and then that's it until you turn it on and off again like you said.

The technician then changed the valve pack on the front of the engine with one from one of their sales cars and ordered me a new one to fit this week this was because there was a fault logged this time that indicated this part was faulty.

Again after only a few miles the same fault happened and then again after that it did again and the exhaust emission light came up on the dash.

I have had a roomster as a courtesy car since saturday and presume they are looking at my car today.

I have spoken to Skoda UK customer services and reported this issue so I suggest you do the same.

If you do this please ask for John Good as he is the person dealing with my case and hopefully he can review them both.

Ben
55 1.4 power loss accelerating - plexer
Just updating this as my car has now had it's second replacement turbo as the reckoned that was the fault again.

This second turbo has been on the car almost 3 months I guess and so far no problems at all.

I've sent tons of documentation to skoda regarding this and to date all they have offerred me is a free service.

Needless to say I won't buy skoda again.

Ben
55 1.4 power loss accelerating - glowplug
Hi Ben,

Great to have the feedback on this. I wish everyone would do the same.

Steve.