04 2000 Engine will not start - Happy Blue!
Diesel Trajet Automatic, 35,000 miles, FHSH and been very reliable so far. Filled up with biodiesel about two weeks ago and the car has been running very well. This morning, the car started OK and idled OK, but had no power. It stopped and was reluctant to start. After several attempts and getting about half a mile from home I rang the AA.

First thing to check was the fuel filter, but this was nice and clean. We then spotted the engine managment and immobiliser lights on and the engine would fire when they went out, but died within a second or so. Car towed to Hyundai dealer with suspected electronics fault.

Any ideas?

PS handbook does not say not to use biodiesel and previous usage has not caused a problem, although it is not used often.
04 2000 Engine will not start - injection doc
imobiliser very common issue with these so fingers crossed.
IJ
Car within five year warranty so should be OK if it is the immobiliser. Is it easy to diagnose/fix?
04 2000 Engine will not start - davmal
Diagnosis should be as simple as plugging in to the code reader, I had a similar problem which turned out to be the transponder receiver unit. It was a little more complicated with mine, however, as it was an intermittent fault. Took minutes to fix.
The code reader suggested something like "hi power can bus shorted can(+) to can (-)" It did not offer any more information so the AA man could not help me. Hopefully it will be a quick solution at the dealers.
Well, the car got towed into the Hyundai garage and they investigated before I was able to talk to them and they immediately rang to say that the fuel was suspect. Certainly for biodiesel it has some strange properties, such as melting a plastic cup overnight!

I have got trading standards (for the supplier of the fuel) and the insurers involved, so hopefully the car will be repaired without me having to pay too much.

We shall see....
04 2000 Engine will not start - Simon
This is the first time I have read this topic, but an engine with no power, difficult to start and only making it about half a mile from home smacks straightaway as something other than an immobiliser fault. I too would be looking at the bio-diesel.
04 2000 Engine will not start - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
High or Low Can faults on Trajets Auto's are mainly ECU based between the Engine and Transmission ECU.
Diesel Injector faults on these cars can cause problems with starting.If the pressure is not correct they will have trouble starting.