Which hard wax to use - gmac
I washed and polished the car today after half an hours thunderstorm, the part of the car parked under a tree looks like it was never cleaned. It's almost like the sap from the tree has striped off the polish I put on.

I used Autoglym Super Resin topped off with a couple of coats of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

What would you recomment to seal the car from tree sap ?
Which hard wax to use - telecaster
Autoglym paint renovator....top stuff imo!
Which hard wax to use - oldtoffee
Th Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection will seal over the polished paint quite well but a hard wax or paste will do a much better overall protection job.

Lots of professional valeters and detailers recommend Collinite 476s as being the hardest wearing. I've used it and it certainly outlasts the good Autoglym and Meguiars products I've used in the past.
Which hard wax to use - sony
Collinite 476. I've bought this just over a year ago and would never buy anything else. It lasts months and water beads off the car incredibly!!
Which hard wax to use - L'escargot
......... the part of
the car parked under a tree looks like it was never cleaned. It's almost like
the sap from the tree has striped off the polish I put on.

Do what I did, and have the tree felled.
Which hard wax to use - steveo3002
another vote for collinite 476 here...you will have to mail order it , but its worth getting and lasts ages
Which hard wax to use - valmiki
I've got a whole tin of Collinite you can have for a tenner, posted.

[p.s. hope this is allowed, I ain't selling my car!)
Which hard wax to use - gmac
Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone and thanks for the responses.

The Autoglym Extra Gloss just appears to be stripped off (the red Volvo paint) when the sap and water get to it.
I had thought about having the tree felled but as it's not our tree or our house might get me in the bad books.

valmiki, if you can post a tin of Collinite to Germany for a tenner I'll have it :) Thanks for the offer though, general consensus seems to be this stuff and having seen the results on MichaelR's BMW, other thread, it looks like it may be up to the job.

Edited by gmac on 02/05/2008 at 23:09

Which hard wax to use - valmiki
valmiki if you can post a tin of Collinite to Germany for a tenner I'll
have it :)

aaahhh errrrr never knew you were in Euroland!

Best have a look around, you'll probably be able to pick up a tin over there a lot cheaper than what they are over here ;-)

I'd like to add to the Collinite love-in - lasts a long time! I just don't have the time anymore - helllloooo Wash & Wax