98 1.8 petrol poor running - mint
Having just had a full service and passed it's MoT, my 98 Renault Laguna 1800 RN petrol has developed an engine problem. When turning the ignition the engine turns over but does not start unless I press the accelerator and even the it takes a few seconds to catch properly. Also when the engine is running in stationary, when I press the accelerator to move off, the rev count goes down and I have to depress the accelerator harder in order for the car to move. My garage say that the plugs are sparking and I would need to take the car to a diagnostic centre to find the problem as they do not have a diagnostic machine and can't seem to put their finger on the problem. Does anyone out there have a clue what may be wrong. I have discounted starter motor problems as the car turns over fine. As the plugs are new and are sparking, I have discounted plug and distributer problems. anyone had a similar problem to this
s
98 1.8 petrol poor running - GregSwain
Renault electrics are notorious, but IMO if it's not an internal ECU problem, it sounds a bit throttle position sensor-ish. Best taking it somewhere with diagnostic equipment, because diagnosing a fault online on a car notorious for electrical gremlins is little more than a guessing game.