Fiat Panda 1.2 - ziggy
A hoot to drive in town. Has the advantage of feeling significantly faster than a Honda Civic 1.4.

Many have commented on the 'shopping trolly' ride quality. But it is light years away from the original Panda which really did have Flintstones suspension system: you could feel every single ridge even on the motorway.

Another advantage: it is faster than any Aston Martin. At least in the multi-story car park it is.

If you have a real sense of humour, I believe there is a 4x4 option.

Fiat Panda 1.2 - yorkiebar
I assume you work for Fiat or maybe get commission on their sales?

No offence meant !
Fiat Panda 1.2 - ziggy
I assume you work for Fiat or maybe get commission on their sales?

I assume you never drove the old fiat panda with no servo brakes...? Need to use the brakes..? No problem, just make a reservation in advance..! Cost me 500 pds to get the brakes over-hauled and to find out they are MEANT to be like that..! And if like me you regularly did 200mile + trips in the old Panda, the new version would seem heaven-sent.

Actually I swapped my original Panda for a Rover metro, very few small cars can even come close to the ride/handling. And you could go beyond 4500rpm for more power.... a revelation if you came from a Panda.

Fiat Panda 1.2 - Waino
Actually I swapped my original Panda for a Rover metro very few small cars can even come close to the ride/handling.>>

Y' know, I used to enjoy driving SWMBO's old Metro - I just didn't dare admit it. Well done for 'coming out', Ziggy!!!
Fiat Panda 1.2 - bell boy
yes but coming out in a rover
oh the shame
wonder if it was an ascot or a vanden plas or a vanden plas 500 or a city or an L
Fiat Panda 1.2 - Waino
yes but coming out in a rover oh the shame>>

There - I knew I shouldn't have confessed ;-)
Fiat Panda 1.2 - Waino
There - I knew I shouldn't have confessed ;-) >>

BTW (as if anybody cared) it was a 'Mayfair'. ;-)
Fiat Panda 1.2 - ziggy
yes but coming out in a rover
oh the shame
wonder if it was an ascot or a vanden plas or a vanden plas 500
or a city or an L

Are you confusing Rover with 'Austin Rover'.

I meant the Rover. Great to drive in all respects. Crash safety was the fly in the ointment.

Fiat Panda 1.2 - lakelad
According to today's Independent, 0-60 takes 120.3 seconds - sounds about right.
Fiat Panda 1.2 - madf
"According to today's Independent, 0-60 takes 120.3 seconds - sounds about right."

I acclerate faster than that when running:-)
madf
Fiat Panda 1.2 - Round The Bend
Is n't James May a fan of the Panda? Or did I dream that ........................zzzzz!
Fiat Panda 1.2 - PR {P}
No you didn't and yes he is, so much so that he bought and still owns one.
Fiat Panda 1.2 - ukbeefy
Mr Clarkson gave it a v positive write up - His article was something along the lines of cars you could buy for less than your kitchen or holiday or something. Ie the idea that your car might not be the second most expensive purchase you make.