Japanese/English Manuals - John Davis
Hello,
Can anyone help with any information on the availability of English (worded) manuals for imported Japanese vehicles. Would anyone know if an English version of the handbook for an imported Japanese Toyota Townace is available anywhere or, should I start a night school language course ?
Re: Japanese/English Manuals - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
I think all you can do in this instance is buy a manual for the Space Cruiser or Lite-Ace which will give you a bit of information possibly regarding any items common to both vehicles. The U.S. spec version of your vehicle may be closer, try Chilton Publications. The problem is that this vehicle was never intended for the U.K. obviously so no English manual is neccessary. I am informed that the Toyota Picnic engine/transmission is similar but not 4WD. We have had a rash of these vehicles with cylinder head failures. Possible theory is that when used at sustained high speed there is insufficient airflow through the engine bay and overheating results. A mechanic who works for a firm who inflict these vehicles on to us told me that out of a "batch" of 8 Town Ace's 7 failed within two months!
Re: Japanese/English Manuals - David Lacey
We had one of these imported Toyota Space Cruiser models traded in recently and it was a nightmare to sort out. My advice? STEER WELL CLEAR!!