Passat CD Changer - Sim-O
I have an '01 Passat estate. It has a tape player (with Gamma on the flap) and a single disc cd player in the dash.
Is there wiring in the boot for a multichanger like this here www.tiny.cc/3p7ad or will I have to go for this 6 disc in-dash changer, like this www.tiny.cc/SQwbU ?

Thanx
----------------------------------------------
Aim low, expect nothing & dont be disappointed
Passat CD Changer - rtj70
I had a 99 Golf and then a 2000 Passat with the Gamma and a changer in the boot. Back then it was a boot mounted option.

But then I think they changed to a dash CD changer. So probably you will find the wiring to the boot is not there anymore. The radio could control a changer but you need to consider if there is wiring to the boot and a place to mount a changer.
Passat CD Changer - Sim-O
On the oe stereo there is a button labelled 'CD' and another labelled 'CC', which works the single disc player in the dash and presumably a multchanger in the boot, respectivley. On the cd player in the dash there are 2 buttons, one to eject the disc and another to select between single and multi discs (I cannot remember the exact labelling). So I am unsure of wether I need to get a boot mounted one (if the plug etc is there) or if I need to get a in dash multchanger.
Just wondering if anyone could advise me before I start stripping the boot not knowing where the plug should be and buy the wrong thing off ebay.

Thanx
----------------------------------------------
Aim low, expect nothing & dont be disappointed
Passat CD Changer - PeterRed
Don't waste your money. Buy an iPod or similar and a cassette adaptor. It's far more practical than CDs and the sound quality is easily good enough for the car.