Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - killie
Hi Did a Forum search but wasn't able to find any reference.
Need to get a hold of a Portable Vacuum 12 Volt was wondering what would be the best to Buy.
Thanks
Ian.H
Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - bell boy
weve got 2 at home and for a car they are no good unless you have a few sweety rappers to pick up.
better going to an imo type car wash place and using the £1 a go hoover outside if you cant get electric to your car .....
Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - bell boy
when i said rappers i meant wrappers
sorry dudes with the vocals and the gold chains and shooters.....
Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - Stuartli
Dyson, Black and Decker amongst other do car models.

Argos has a selection:

tinyurl.com/plfks

and will be as cheap as most, if not cheaper, than car accessories outlets.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - pmh
Most reasonable domestic vacuum cleaners are rated at the minimum as 600W, many are rated to 1000W. Power consumption is generally proportional to "suck". A little basic arithmetic will show that to get this sort of performance from a 12v appliance will require a current consumption of upwards of 50 Amps!

Enough said.

--

pmh (was peter)

Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - Dynamic Dave
I bought one of those rechargable jobbies from LIDL as little while ago. It's got a 6 volt sealed lead acid battery on board, battery indicator, and still not flat after 20 mins of hoovering the car out.

Cost £9.99,

but I noticed earlier this week they had them at something like £7.79. They're not part of their weekly specials at the moment, so they *may* have been stock from an older promotion?
Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - Sprice
I got a dirt devil I give a tenner for from Argos. Its ok as long as you use it to keep on top of the cleaning (once weekly say, though I just use a Dyson every couple of months!), and not to clean a couple of months worth of dust!
Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - NowWheels
As pointed out above, all these car vacs have a fraction of the power of a mains vacuum cleaner: the best tool for cleaning the car is the vac from your house.

However, I have a Dirt Devil with motorised brush, which is very effective on dog hairs. I use it for removing the remaining dog hairs after using my mains vac (a Henry), and I also use the Dirt Devil for quick tidyups when I am too lazy to lug out the Henry.
Which Car Vaccum Cleaner ? - Stuartli
To be honest I also use the other half's Sebo X4 rather than the car type I have - so much more efficient and quicker to boot (no pun intended).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by