Peugeot 106 1.1 Starting Problems - will hadley
I am having intermittent starting problems. Sometimes the car will start 1st time (not often) and runs fine. Most of the time it needs at least 3 attempts. Sometimes it needs several attempts. When it does not start there is no fuel coming from the injector, but there is always fuel pressure to the throttle body. I have changed the injector and the injector relay but this has not rectified the problem. I have dismantled the fuel pressure regulator and it all looks clean. Although the diaphragm is not split it has delaminated, I don't know if this could be the cause of the fault. Peugeot tell me that the diaphragm is not supplied on its own and I need to buy the complete throttle housing. Some help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Peugeot 106 1.1 Starting Problems - bell boy
youve mentioned injector so it must be after 93 you havent mentioned keypad starting so i guess its 96/97 ?they apparently had a immobilisor problem on this year and the cure was a new/s/h coil for the ignition barrel.ive never had a problem myself with them though
Peugeot 106 1.1 Starting Problems - Peter D
I suspect this is an R or S plate and the problem is the coil pick up around the ingition key barrel. Replacement part £14.07. Very common. You can usually tell because when it does start it runs perfectly as though nothing had been wrong. Regards Peter
Peugeot 106 1.1 Starting Problems - madf
Son had exactly same problem on his R reg 1.1 106. Immobiliser.
30 mins job..

Thanks to this forum I fixed it about two years ago..
madf
Many thanks for replies. The car is an R reg and does not have the key pad immobiliser. If I change the immobiliser coil does it need to be programmed for the ignition key. If so, does this need to be done by Peugeot dealer?
No you can change the coil yourself by carefully removing the cover under the steering column bit of a sqeeze to get it past the braket that tasks the screw but it does come off. Release old coil remove connector refit new and connect. 20 mins do coding required. Regards Peter
Peter,

Thanks for response. When you say 20 mins to do coding is this something I can do or is it a Peugeot garage job?
Peugeot 106 1.1 Starting Problems - bell boy
fit and forget as far as im aware as its only an aerial pickup..............now if it was a corsa after 97 woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Thanks, I'll give it a go at the weekend.
Sorry typo time again. no coding required. Very simple job. Regards Peter
Changed immobiliser aerial yesterday. Car starts fine now. Thanks to everyone for sound advice.