Missing Data Sticker for imported Golf - Chi Kwong Chiu
Hi There,

Has anyone imported a Golf from Europe and then found that the service book that came with it was missing information? Apparently Golfs come with a data sticker on the front cover of the service book which details the VIN number, engine number, paint code, equipment fitted etc. The sticker is then stamped by the supplying dealer and dated when they carry out the pdi.

Unfortunately my service book is blank and VW in the UK won't register my car on their warranty database until I can show them my service book with this sticker in it. Has anyone else been in this situation and if so, how did you mange to register your car with VW in the end? I'm currently chasing Oneswoop who supplied my car to get this sorted but they are next to useless with their aftersales care.....still haven't got an owners manual after two months of asking :(

Thanks

Chi
Re: Missing Data Sticker for imported Golf - David Davies
Not sure whether this is of any help but many VW cars have this data sheet glued to the sheet metal in the boot or rear hatch compartment-look under the carpet in this area. You might be able to copy the required information from there. Good luck with this problem.
Re: Missing Data Sticker for imported Golf - Mark (Brazil)
Chi,

There`s a guy writes in here from hispec golfs. Search for Hispec and you`ll probably find him.

I think its Andrew Barnes, *BIG* apologies if it isn`t.

I guess he'll be able to help if anyone can, he uses an e-mail address.

If you`re lucky, he'll show up of his own volition.

M.