Is ESP Working on My VW? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Has anyone had experience of the ESP system on a Passat/Golf actually working in the DSC stability control mode?
I?ve had my traction control working constantly at low speed in snow ,when it limited the maximum revs, and another mode limiting wheel spin, but not revs, when pulling away in wet conditions . I saw the light flashing once on a wet roundabout but that may have been a wheel spin issue.
I am thinking of the ?helping to control imminent skids by applying individual brakes? mode. The reason I ask, is that my Passat's rear brake discs are needing replacement and I?m wondering if the rear brakes have been working away overtime to limit the under steer?

--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Is ESP Working on My VW? - arnold2
I've had the ESP on our Beetle help prevent a wet-weather skid - the motorway we were on was quite wet, and I think the car would have aquaplaned - the ESP warning light flashed quite a few times .... quite a lifesaver !
Is ESP Working on My VW? - Tim Allcott
I think the system is similar on the Audi: if the system is called into play it lets you know by flashing the light to warn you you are driving "too enthusiastically for the conditions".
Tim{P}
Is ESP Working on My VW? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
The only time I've seen the light on is when I've been using too much accelerator for the conditions.
I'm thinking of an incipient skid when a corner unexpectedly tightens up. Will the system help then by actuating the individual calipers to bring the car on to my chosen course ?
I did try playing on a snow covered car park but was not sure if it was wheel spin or the above being corrected.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Is ESP Working on My VW? - Tim Allcott
Similar to what I got. Downhill tight, left hand bend as a slip road: accelerating to match traffic speed (VERY little space to do so, as there's a bridge almost immediately) and the light was flashing vigorously. So maybe it will do what you want it to! Didn't have chance to play in the snow this year... sounds as though what you really need is a go on a skid pan to find out how well it works. Don't test it on a public road intentionally, though...
Tim{P}
Is ESP Working on My VW? - jc
Takes all the interest out of motoring tho'!!!
Is ESP Working on My VW? - Halmer
I feel like an old fogy now. I've never got mine to flash on any VWs over the last ten years or so!