running in diesel engine - alapppy
HI

Is there any way of telling if a newish engine was not run in correctly? The converse is what problems would the engine be likely to have if it was over revved during the run in period

I am looking at a renault diesel one year old with about 8,000 miles on the clock.

If the enggine has had a hard life early on does changing the oil to fully synthetic make and diffs

Thanks
alan
running in diesel engine - David Horn
Well, my friend bought an HDi Peugeot a couple of years ago and he was informed by the dealer to drive it from scratch like a petrol - ie, plenty of revs etc.

Far as I know it still goes fine.
running in diesel engine - Civic8
Not using the revs is the biggest killer of an engine, over revving is unlikely as revs are controlled by ECU inc Diesels.and those Diesels not controlled by ECU are by governer.on a diesel its best to use the revs as they can get lazy and when pushed they are very sluggish,So when a new owner gets it.there is no life and will take some time to losen up
--
Steve
running in diesel engine - wemyss
Go to tinyurl.co.uk/ao9u which is Morris Oils and then to technical and then FAQ "running in of diesel engines"
They give definitive advice on running the engine under load! to prevent future problems.