ChipsAway - Felix
Before selling my car privately, I was thinking of having a key scratch on the front wing attended to. It's not obvious until you look reasonably closely (I've lived with it for a year), but it's deep enough that T-Cut wouldn't do anything. So I was thinking of trying ChipsAway. I've read differing stories on this forum about their success rate, and the biggest factor seems to be how good your local operator is. So, can anybody recommend a good franchise in the Surrey/SW London area (as close to Kingston as possible preferably)? Hope this isn't abuse of this forum...

Given my description of the scratch, do people think that a SMART repair would be money well spent? Your answer might be influenced by the fact that the car's worth in the region of £10k, and it's a metallic (which I read can be a problem).

Thanks
ChipsAway - Robin Reliant
If it's not visible till you look closely, why not try something like Repro Scratch Remover first? Supposed to work on all colours including metallics and at £9.99 it could be a cheap option. I've seen this advertised by Readers Direct on 01474 327285, but have never seen any reports of a test on it.