Renault Laguna 2002 Import - Simon
Does anyone know how much warranty you have with a 2002 model Renault Laguna? It was not from an official Renault franchise but bought from Ian Shipton Cars in Burton-on-Trent. There is no warranty claim issue as such, it just came up in a conversation as to whether the car has just 12 months cover or 24 months cover. Does anyone have any idea?
Renault Laguna 2002 Import - Mark (RLBS)
Can't you ring them and ask ?
Renault Laguna 2002 Import - No Do$h
A quick google (Oh my, I'm turning into Dave) turns up www.importanewcar.co.uk/faqs-help-desk.asp

" However, from January 2002 all cars imported from Europe must be supplied with a two-year manufacturer warranty. The so-called 3-year warranty on cars sold in the UK is usually a one-year warranty with an additional two years insurance policy based warranty added on."
Renault Laguna 2002 Import - Colin M
I was going to reply 2 years, but Simons post says 2002 "model" which I always take to mean a late 2001 car.

If it had the PDI done on/after 1st Jan 2002 then it should be two years (after mid November 2001 for Audi). The definitive answer is with Renault UK who will have the VIN number logged on their database. If they don't, you need to take the service book (showing PDI stamp) and V5 into your local dealer and ask them to add it.

Bear in mind the manufacturers continued sending cars out with old print service books which stated one year warranties into 2002, so the document is not a reliable indicator.

Renault Laguna 2002 Import - Simon
Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify the situation the car is registered on a '52' plate which is on or after 1st September 2002.
Renault Laguna 2002 Import - Colin M
It doesn't matter when it was registered, it is the date of the PDI that determines when the warranty commenced (an issue to watch out for when buying from some supermarkets who hold old stock of "new" cars).