speed camaras - Andy Bairsto
If you want to get rid of them do what somebody has done re todays DT destroy them
Re: speed camaras - yddap
And then send the bill to the "taxpayer" I thought that cameras were now self financing
Re: speed camaras - nick ireland
Very Very Illegal! The police may not want to find the chap who burgled your house but sure as h*ll they'll want to find whoever wrecked their camera(s). The non-destructive way is to use cable ties to put a bin-liner over them "Just protecting it from the rain officer". This is not illegal, at the moment, but probably soon will be. Attaching or sticking anything to the camera or its lens etc is Criminal Damage, or so I am informed.
Re: speed camaras - Dave
nick ireland wrote:
>
> Very Very Illegal! The police may not want to find the chap
> who burgled your house but sure as h*ll they'll want to find
> whoever wrecked their camera(s). The non-destructive way is
> to use cable ties to put a bin-liner over them "Just
> protecting it from the rain officer". This is not illegal,
> at the moment, but probably soon will be. Attaching or
> sticking anything to the camera or its lens etc is Criminal
> Damage, or so I am informed.

Not sure about the cable tie bit, but yeah, bin liner or cardboard box.

A friendly rozzer I know can't think of a single crime you're commiting by doing this.

That's good enough for me.
Re: speed camaras - steve paterson
I'll bet that covering a speed camera with a plastic bag is an offence. Probably something along the lines of impeding a camera in the execution of it's duty. Anyway, would you go around covering up speed limit signs you don't agree with.
Re: speed camaras - Andrew Hamilton
Perhaps if we all adopted a speed camera and made sure it was never exposed to the weather by using binliners we would save the taxpayer money in maintaining it.
Re: Re-forestation - Kev
I recon we should all plant a tree infront of a camera, is that illegal?
After all, we would be doing our bit for the enviroment, nice big conifer, wonderful.
Besides, if they put speed cameras behind signs/bushes/hedges/whatever, we would only be doing what they are?
Worth a trip to Homebase, how much would it save you, if you planted it by your most passed s.c?
Kev