Chrysler Neon 2.0 Auto 99 ? - Pete
Considering one of these at local garage. Have consulted Car by Car Breakdown and would welcome input from current owners as to MPG etc. Car is the Neon (1) Coupe, 4 door, LE model.
Thank you, petel@clara.co.uk
Chrysler Neon 2.0 Auto 99 ? - Ian (Cape Town)
99 auto? if it's a three-speed, don't bother.
A few work colleagues say the 3 speeder's they have are badly geared, and 'hunt' a lot between 2 and 3. Two boxes I know of had to go back for fixing.
Chrysler Neon 2.0 Auto 99 ? - RichardW
Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk. Don't even bother with it. My friend's got one as a company car at the moment (2000W), and it's heinous! For a 2 litre it's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOW - slower than my old BX 1.4 I reckon. The controls are well confusing, the ride is awful, and the handling suspect at best.

Find something better (anything will do!!)

Richard
Chrysler Neon 2.0 Auto 99 ? - terryb
Pete
Don't know about the 99 model but I was loaned one of these (52 reg) as a courtesy car last week. 7k miles.

My impression was it was a bit low down for a decrepit old person like me to climb into and the seat was a bit hard. Could just have been the contrast after climbing up into the Jeep. But it went well enough, stuck to the road well but I didn't try it with the traction control off. It seemed to go better than the one they loaned me last year... which was much more sluggish - perhaps that was the 3-speed box. The only impression of mpg was it got me 20 miles to the nearest filling station with the low fuel light showing. Seemed well equipped for the money.

HTH

Terry
Chrysler Neon 2.0 Auto 99 ? - daryld
The Chrysler Neon is a low-rent vehicle in the USA; you can buy one for as little as $8,500 dollars. They are practically a disposable car and are built that way.

But once the marketing people got their hands on it, and people were made to believe of the 'quality' of the car, then Chrysler found that the Europeans were daft enogh to pay over the odds for it.

A triumph of marketing over common sense.
Chrysler Neon 2.0 Auto 99 ? - Pete
Thank you all for your replies. Your input is much appreciated.
No futher information required.
Rgds, Pete.