Forward Facing Truvelo Camera - Stan007uk

I received a NIP in the post having gone through a forward Travelo speed camera,

The camera gave out a white flash. Another car going in the opposite direction passed me.

I replied to the NIP and asked if it where possible the Camera was working properly as it flashed. Has it gone off because of the other vehicle.

I received a standard letter advising the vehicle was travelling at 38mph lalala and di not answer the questions ha risked.

Wats shall I do next?

Forward Facing Truvelo Camera - Peter D

The sensors are on your side of the road so it was you. You can ask for any photo's to help you identify the driver which they usually send but do not have to, and you will be able to see the secondary check lines in the road.

The flash is not actually white but megenta and the photo will have a magenta hue.

Do not exceed the 28 days to return the completed S.172 signed declaration of who was driving.

You will most probably be offered a Speed Awareness course and no points.

Regards Peter

Forward Facing Truvelo Camera - Bromptonaut

The flash from a Truvelo is subdued but not invisible. I was caught by one at Harlestone in Northamptonshire well over ten years ago. Saw the flash and thought "*uck they've got me" as I'd missed a 30 limit sign. It must have been out of film as I heard nothing more.

Forward Facing Truvelo Camera - alan1302

Wats shall I do next?

Pay up and be more careful next time.

Forward Facing Truvelo Camera - Peter D

Did you complete the S.172 identifying the driver and sign it. What else did you send with it.

An unequivical response can lead to a more seriuos offence that would cost you 6 points and £600 and hiked insurance premiums for up to 5 years.

Regards Peter

Forward Facing Truvelo Camera - concrete

I was once flashed by a forward facing Truvelo on the A14 road that connects the A1M to the M11, a dual carriageway (now controlled by average speed cameras). I was not exceeding the limit but was being overtaken at the time. I logged the details and waited for the NIP. Nothing came so I can assume that either there wasn't any film or the camera decided which vehicle was speeding.

The sensors are not always aligned correctly. On the A697 the Coldstream road from the A1 to the A68 towards Edinburgh there a several fixed cameras, Gatso I think. This is a good road and progress can be made when it is quiet so knowing the location and direction of cameras is useful. I did and would regularly pass a camera while travelling in the opposite direction at speed and the camera would flash, obviously taking a picture of nothing or my rear wheels. Nothing ever came of it. I did hear that the locals were so against the cameras that whenever they were reloaded with film the locals would drive, at speed in the opposite direction time and again to use the film up on nothing. Maybe an urban myth but the cameras seem to have sustained some damage through fire, bullets etc.

As the others have said though. Try to see the photos, but if it is you then pay and look big.

Cheers Concrete

Forward Facing Truvelo Camera - RT

Speed cameras do have some sort of mass sensor to monitor LGVs, vans and trailers which have lower speed limits than cars so may trigger at less than the car's speed limit.