Peugeot 406 - air conditioning use - carquet

You recently commented on a question regarding servicing where you mentioned continuous use of air conditioning being better to keep it going.

I had a 406 bought new in 2000 and i sold it late last year, I switched the air con on the day I took delivery and never adjusted it or turned it off all that time, I think I had it serviced once, not one problem arose. Your advice holds good.

Edited by carquet on 08/02/2015 at 10:23

Peugeot 406 - air conditioning use - Avant

I've done the same ever since I had my first car with AC back in the 1990s. It helps to demist the car in winter, and it's a nice feeling on a sunny spring day when at last once again it's doing its normal job blowing in cool air.

The problems tend to happen when people leave the AC switched off for long periods in winter.

Edited by Avant on 09/02/2015 at 18:16

Peugeot 406 - air conditioning use - Gibbo_Wirral

Same here, use it daily. Not sure if its my imagination but the car warms up and defrosts quicker when the AC is on.

Peugeot 406 - air conditioning use - RT

It warms up quicker as the engine is having to work harder - better defrost come from the dehumidification.

I've alway run mine with a/c on all year - real benefit is in autumn/spring when the air is more humid and using a/c gives a much nicer climate inside.