Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - oldroverboy.

Millions of motorists in modern vehicles face being unwittingly tracked by Big Brother technology that records their every move and even phone calls, motoring groups have warned.

Modern cars have become so high-tech and connected - with satnav, Bluetooth and wi- fi - that they collect details of the time, place and speed of every mile travelled.

They log phone calls, music played and downloaded, average fuel consumption and can tell you when a car is ready for its service.

But the AA, RAC and other motoring groups fear a lack of control over who can handle this information compromises people's privacy and civil liberties. It's a fear that has been voiced before in relation to anyone who fails to use the 'privacy' settings on their mobile phones.

But in-car electronic systems have no privacy settings. So this week the AA launched a campaign to prevent real-time electronic data from car onboard systems being abused. They want to prevent data being controlled by a small number of businesses who have access to it.

A spokesman for the AA said: 'The modern car is increasingly able to transmit data about its whereabouts, condition, activities and use. However, there is huge concern that the firms who manufacture and supply the equipment will try to control the data and its use, putting their interests ahead of consumers.'

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - gordonbennet

Can't say as i take too much notice of a daily mail rant.

However, only the naive would expect this type of thing not to be going on in this country, which is now one of the most filmed and monitored and recorded in the world, with the odd disappearance or strange 'suicides' of those who might be about to say or know too much?

We as a nation have walked open eyed into a situation that apparatchiks and the Stazi (who relied on vulnerable human spies and physical listening) could only have dreamed of, and the best bit of it is we vote every 5 years for yet more barely disguised communism (and expect a different result every time which is the definition of lunacy), see you can lead a horse to water and make it drink.

Car recording and transmitting will become the norm, i fully expect it to be used for road pricing and automatic policing in a few years, once the proletariat have been brainwashed into believing its for our own good...all in the interests of anti terrorism donch know.

Sorry about that folks, back to dancing on eggshells or whatever else the propaganda box in the corner is currently showing, and fear not, dissidents won't interrupt for much longer.

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - madf

Easily confuse teh b*********s.

No hi tech needed.

Switch them off or swap with someone.. job done..

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - Andrew-T

Another good reason for bangernomics. At least one of my two cars will not be susceptible to anything worse than ANPR cameras.

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - RT

Another good reason for bangernomics. At least one of my two cars will not be susceptible to anything worse than ANPR cameras.

Assuming you're not taking your phone in the car !!

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - Andrew-T

Do you mean they track them even when switched off? b***** h*ll ....

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - RT

Do you mean they track them even when switched off? b***** h*ll ....

Not if they're properly off - but they do track them from mast to mast if they're switched on but not being used.

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - madf

Like I say, switch everything off.

Job Done.

The Daily Mail is clearly for people of limited technical knowldege..:-)

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - oldroverboy.

Like I say, switch everything off.

Job Done.

The Daily Mail is clearly for people of limited technical knowldege..:-)

I don't count myself amongst them! I read lots of papers (privilege of being retired) (and also the odd technical bulletin that erroneously comes my way.

Can you switch off your ecu? Recent case in a fatal accident, the ecu of the offending car (a jaguar) was read by accident investiators working for the police. indicated speed of vehicle at time of accident. Do some mercedes ecu's really transmit data direct to the factory. chevrolet in the states control the satelite radios in their cars so if you don't subscribe you don't get. So all back to Moggies?

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - gordonbennet

Do some mercedes ecu's really transmit data direct to the factory.

Mine doesn't, and intend to see my motoring days out still driving it, if i sold it would only be replaced with something from a similar time line.

There's an awful lot of us out there who distruct our political leaders and their corporate paymasters completely, and with good reason.

Do some mercedes ecu's really transmit data direct to the factory.

Mine doesn't, and intend to see my motoring days out still driving it, if i sold it would only be replaced with something from a similar time line.

Not yours gordon but higher range more recent!

I am prepared to believe that lots of modern ecu's are capable of being read for speed information and other data.

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - Ethan Edwards

I know for a fact the Yaris HSD has a data logger thats read by Toyota and is available in the event of an accident. It's in the Manual.

So my 62 Yaris...ORB you reckon it's 'higher range' eg like your Merc' Beema's Rollers etc? Gee thanks ORB. Personally I would have classed it as a Bread n Butter hatch but thanks anyway....

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - galileo

There's an awful lot of us out there who distruct our political leaders and their corporate paymasters completely, and with good reason.

T-shirts are available in the USA printed with "I love my country but I fear my government". Popular with NRA members, explains reluctance to give up guns.

Tracking your movements? - We Know where you are (From Daily mail) - Ethan Edwards

A bit off topic Galilieo but thats why Barry is trying to take guns away from the law abiding yanks, leaving them only in the hands of the criminals. The better to control the people, like how we are bossed around by the unelected EU Kommisars and so forth.

Second why has the Dept of Homeland Security made massive orders for ammunition? Enough to shoot every man woman and child in America a dozen times over. Maybe the Tshirt paranoid loonies are right this time.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

The truth is out there......tin foil hats probably do work.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 26/02/2014 at 13:12