Where to sell a used Polo - notmyname

HI

I have had an ad up on ebay for a while, please can anyone give me some feedback is are there some issues with the pics, description, price, or should I just sit tight and wait? Are there any other places that you would reccomend using for sale? I like ebay as you can see the buyers history and it provides some sense of security!

r.ebay.com/FBOnCK

Sorry if there is a relevant thread for this I did not spot it.

Thanks!

Where to sell a used Polo - daveyjp
First thing is the description is wrong, its a three door. Second if it isn't selling it is too expensive.

DOH

Thanks!

Where to sell a used Polo - alan1302

Seems much too expensive - don't think the low milage ncreases the value as much as you think.

Where to sell a used Polo - John Boy

I think the real answers are above. This is just an observation about the photos.

They were taken on a sunny day, which might seem the obvious thing to do. Unfortunately, bright sunlight casts a lot of shadows. In this case, the photos were taken, either early or late in the day, when the sun is low in the sky. That tends to increase the shadows by making them longer .

This kind of photography is usually better if you can do it when the sky is lightly overcast with cloud. That scatters the light evenly over the subject.

Where to sell a used Polo - jacks

These cars go for anything between £1200 to £2200 depending on mileage.

Although 12K miles is very low - it's almost too low, suggesting the car has been stored off road, or never properly used, or underused and never given a run up to temperature which brings it's own problems. So explain the history some more.

The pics are also poor.

You need to quantify the mileage, why it's so low, what type of usage the car has had and what kind of preventative maintainance it has had to overcome the kind of problems that are perceived (short runs, engine never run to hot, everything gummed up etc) by this kind of mileage. ......ie regular oil changes, coolant changes, car taken for regular longer runs etc

Ultra low mileage can be as bad as ultra high mileage without some background...cars are meant to driven

Finally most buyers search by price/lowest first so will see everything else before yours

Where to sell a used Polo - lordwoody

"It has full dealer service history from VW Guildford and Bromley (one year missed due to hardly any miles being done) "

So it doesn't have a FSH, despite you saying it does.

"there are some minor scratches on the body work, but nothing that could not be fixed with some polishing"

If this is true, why don't you polish them out?

These sort of inaccuracies would make me suspicious, plus the high price would definitely send me elsewhere.

Where to sell a used Polo - elekie&a/c doctor

The first thing i would do is reduce the price by around £1000.

HI

Thanks for the feedback - I will amend some of the details as suggested!

Always useful to get some more input

Where to sell a used Polo - brum

At the end of the day, its an 11yr old car - many people would automatically consider it a banger and expect to pay banger money. I'm not sure service history has much influence on price at that age. The ultra low mileage possibly works against it for many car savvy buyers.

Edited by brum on 27/09/2013 at 18:13

Where to sell a used Polo - Bobbin Threadbare

I'm sure that the bodywork is no more or less good than any 11 year old car. Simply saying that the 'bodywork is commensurate with the age of the car' would do; if I was tempted by the vehicle I'd come and look anyway.