Leather jacket - Motor Cycle Jacket Care - KenC

I have been gifted a fairly nice MotorCycle jacket that is several years old.

I would like to clean it and condition the leather jacket.

Can anyone recommend a good product ?

Leather jacket - Motor Cycle Jacket Care - V4 Heaven

Hi,

I use this stuff:

http://www.renapur.com/content/motorcyclists/

I use the Leather Cleaner first. This is like a mild shampoo and removes muck and dead flies etc.

Then, once the leathers have dried, I use the Balsam. Apply sparingly though and build up as much as you want to because it soaks in better if applied little and often.

Both the Leather Cleaner and Balsam are applied with a sponge - a wet one for the cleaner and a dry one for the balsam.

I bought a second hand Chesterfield type leather chair recently too and used these on the chair. It looks like brand new now!

For inside the leathers, I squirt Febreeze and hang them out to air. Febreeze says not to use on leather but if you're careful and only apply it to the jacket/trouser liners you shouldn't have any problems and it will make them smell fresher.

Good luck!

Edited by V4 Heaven on 15/08/2013 at 13:32

Leather jacket - Motor Cycle Jacket Care - Paul Carey

I am an antient motorcyclist & to keep leatehr in good condition , a certain amount of water resistance & of course supple have always used 'Neatsfoot Oil ' as used by the horsy types on thier 'tack' if you do not have a local supplier , it's on the internet . I found it worked beat if the closed container was put in hot water to make the oil more fluid ..

Leather jacket - Motor Cycle Jacket Care - Robinw61

I've also been using renapur on my leathers, boots and leather panniers, seat and other leather accents on my bike for years now. All my leathers are in great condition and it does a pretty good job in keeping the rain out as well.

Leather jacket - Motor Cycle Jacket Care - tdc

When I was at tech many moons ago,there was a member of a notorious biker gang who I chatted away to about his lifestyle.Part of his initiation ceremony involved group members peeing on his jacket.That would make the leather supple as in women putting cow pee on their skin....yes it`s used in cosmetics.Ok, human skin is a lot less tough than leather,but a Spanish farmer`s trick for cracked/rough skin on his hands, is to pee on them and rub the urine in.Softens them a treat

Thought that might help ;)

Edited by tdc on 19/01/2014 at 22:11

Leather jacket - Motor Cycle Jacket Care - jeffreyburkholderRoom
Leather jackets and leather care products can be purchased from most .... such as a military style women ' s leather jacket or a petite size motorcycle jacket.