Lexus NX - Rodent issue - Gillyboost
Purchase new Lexus no hybrid and we will in rural area. What we were not aware of is car not rodent proof. Squirrels got in through battery and caused over £7000.00 worth of damage by eating interior.
Lexus not at all interested or helpful, the dealership in Bolton and Hesd Office. Has car repaired but they said they were unable to make rodent proof.
Please be aware if you live in rural/green areas.
Lexus NX - Rodent issue - skidpan
Squirrels got in through battery and caused over £7000.00 worth of damage by eating interior.

Not aware that squirrels like acid.

Lexus NX - Rodent issue - elekie&a/c doctor
Surely no car is “rodent proof” ?
Lexus NX - Rodent issue - edlithgow

Hippy squirrels?

Maybe get a cat, or a Jack Russel. Here in Taiwan I considered maybe sourcing a snake, but they are quite hard to catch and probably wouldn't be happy living in the car..

If thats not practical, I believe there are electronic (ultrasonic?) rodent repellent devices, but I doubt they work.

I had an intermittent rat problem in my last car in the wet season. Also Bivouac ants, and, when I was away, frogs living in the flooded sills.

Also Gekko, but I like Gekko.

Reduced access to the cab by blanking off the floor drains with flattened coke cans wired in place, less chewable than the original (removed) plastic and rubber ones, and still permitting drainage. Also removed the sill drain plugs.

And the carpets, which I dont like anyway so no sacrifice, but I suppose that wont fly for a Lexus

Nothing much to be done about the engine compartment, where wires are at risk of being chewed, probably a bigger threat with something new.

I scattered mothballs about, and sometimes beat the bonnet with a branch, Basil Fawlty stylee.

You might also consider poison, though as that is a bait, its kind of a mixed message, plus dead rats REALLY smell bad, dead squirrels presumably similar.

If you can avoid parking consistently in the same place, ants loose the patrols they have out, get in to unpredictable geopolitical conflicts with other static nests, and eventually give up. Proximity to drains is contraindicated for rats, trees presumably for squirrels.

And of course dont snack on nuts in the car

Edited by edlithgow on 13/04/2024 at 03:50

Lexus NX - Rodent issue - madf

If parked outside, it is hard luck.

In a garage? Make it rodent proof.

NO car maker would accept such a silly claim. It's like saying my Lexus was hit by a bull.. make it bull proof.

You tube full of cars with squirrels filling car with nuts.

We have lots of squirrels. Lived here over 40 years. All cars in garage overnight. No squirrel access. No issues.

Edited by madf on 13/04/2024 at 14:57

Lexus NX - Rodent issue - Brit_in_Germany

If you search for "car squirrel nuts" you will see that they can be a real problem.