2011 Renault Clio 3 40,000m - Silent front and rear windscreen washers - John F

My French pal's Clio windscreen washers don't work. I thought it might be something simple like blocked jets or a blown fuse, but sadly not. We have inspected the fuse which looks fine - even swapped it for another just to check it. But still no whirring noise from either the front or rear washer pump motors. I think it must be electrical, but he has no tester. I wondered if anyone here has any ideas? I can't find anything helpful on the Renault forum. The pump was replaced in 2017, so it should be OK, as it's done few miles since then.

2011 Renault Clio 3 40,000m - Silent front and rear windscreen washers - elekie&a/c doctor
I guess there’s only one pump on these that does both front and rear washers . You’ll need to access the reservoir on this to check wiring circuits. Probably behind the bumper.
2011 Renault Clio 3 40,000m - Silent front and rear windscreen washers - John F

Thanks elekie-doc, the single pump does indeed do both. I eventually found a video of how to dismantle the steering column switch - which fortunately we didn't attempt as it didn't solve the video maker's problem. The next, and most obvious diagnosis in our case, was a seized pump; presumably a not uncommon occurrence in cars which stand idle much of the time. The video went on to show how to access the pump behind the front wheel arch cover and dismantle it. It was indeed seized; filled with rusty gunk. It just needed a good clean and it now works perfectly......and I feel slightly less indebted to our non-mechanical host as I guess the local garage would have just replaced it with a new one. A good example of 'if you don't use it you'll lose it'.