Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - trebor1
Visited Halfords this morning, they have a sale on cleaning chemicals if any one is interested?

I purchased some autoglym products including two types of wax and shampoo. I was wondering what other peoples views are on this versus the many other brands available. Ive used autoglym for many years but find it stops beading the water after about 5 washes ( even using their shampoo that states it does not strip waxes!) any views on how to keep paintwork looking its best and lasting products to do so.... thanks
Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - groaver

Collinite 476s or Collinite 845 (liquid) are both very durable waxes, especially the first one.

I'm sure it was someone on here that first put me on to the stuff.

Highly recommended.

Bilt Hamber Double speed wax is great as well.

Edited by groaver on 19/04/2019 at 16:51

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - focussed
Visited Halfords this morning, they have a sale on cleaning chemicals if any one is interested? I purchased some autoglym products including two types of wax and shampoo. I was wondering what other peoples views are on this versus the many other brands available. Ive used autoglym for many years but find it stops beading the water after about 5 washes ( even using their shampoo that states it does not strip waxes!) any views on how to keep paintwork looking its best and lasting products to do so.... thanks

Yes I agree with your experience with Autoglym Super Resin Polish - it doesn't last long on a car unless you give it multiple coats.

I learnt this on motorbikes, multiple coats- up to 7 or 10, each coat buffed off and left for and hour or so - build up the depth of the polish and result in a deeper shine and it lasts a whole summer. But who wants to wax a car more than once? Not me for sure!

I don't bother waxing cars any more, a good wash followed by an application of Demon Shine poured on with a watering can and followed by a blow-off with a leaf blower to get the water off is what I do nowadays.

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - Kekettykek

SRP is not a wax or sealant, and should never be used as a final treatment. The reason why it's not lasting is that there is no protection over the top of it!

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - paul 1963

SRP is not a wax or sealant, and should never be used as a final treatment. The reason why it's not lasting is that there is no protection over the top of it!

Spot on Sir! I very rarely use polish, every time you use it your thinning the clear coat over the top of your paint... not good.

Triple wax is my favourite wax, its not the most durable but I do wax once a month (Ive mentioned on here before that I do have a "thing" about cleaning my car).

The thing is with wax is to ensure the car is really clean before you apply it, to that end I clay bar the entire car every 4 months, you'll be amazed the amount of carp it gets off and leaves a truly clean and smooth surface ready for wax..

I do love autoglym products and use there shampoo and aquawax spray a lot. Auto fineness are another I would recommend particularly there "mint rims" wheel wax (£20. For a tiny tin but it lasts forever and completely stop brake dust sticking).

I know others will say that I'm wasting my time blah blah blah but its my time and I enjoy it........

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - focussed

"I know others will say that I'm wasting my time blah blah blah but its my time and I enjoy it........"

Everybody needs a hobby!

I just clean cars when they get dirty!

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - Big John

Meguiars wax for me - not cheap but it is the real deal

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - carl233

Autoglym EGP lasts a very long time still turns water into large drops on the paintwork after 12 months and 20k miles. Super product not found anything that comes close. Super Resin was always designed to be coated in EGP for long-term protection.

Edited by carl233 on 19/04/2019 at 22:57

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - trebor1
Applied autoglym super resin polish followed by extra gloss protection , took 4 hours to do the entire car properly. Looks good so far will be good to see how it fairs long term.

Interesting to hear others say super resin polish was not designed to be used alone without a extra sealant i wonder how many people know that? It states contains a wax so i can imagine most people assume (perhaps wrongly) its job done!

Many of the products above ive never heard of, the wheel cleaner / sealer mentioned sounds good
Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - paul 1963

I use:-

Dodo Juice DJBVP30 Carnauba Car Wax, Blue Velvet, 30 ml

Bilt Hamber clay before applying it. That 30 ml of Dodo Juice wax will do 3/4 cars. It goes a long way.

my son uses dodo juice, loves it, I may try some when I next run out.

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - andyp

I use Autoglym SRP followed by their Extra Gloss. It gives good results and lasts a long time. I still have a soft spot for the old Simoniz Original in the yellow tin but my god is it hard work to apply and remove !

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - FoxyJukebox

Hey-here's a tip. I occasionally use the local car wash boys if I don't want to do it myself. Couldn't be bothered to wax either the other day-so took my own bottle of Autoglym and asked them to use THAT rather than their own suspect cheapo cheapo white stuff in plastic bottles. No probs....they did an amazing jobby. Satisfied customer.

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - Senexdriver
I wash my car about once a fortnight. I use a spray on bug splat remover to loosen the worst of the dirt and squashed flies, followed by snow foam. So before I get to the shampoo stage, the worst of the dirt has been removed and I have not applied any hand pressure to the paintwork. Then I shampoo using the two bucket method with either Autoglym or Zainos - I buy one or the other according to what’s available. I finish off with Autoglym Aquawax which dries the car to a lovely shine and the rain beads off beautifully. It still beads off when the next wash comes around so in my experience there is no need to apply wax polish separately.

Instead of Aquawax I sometimes use a Geon water repellant product, the name of which escapes me for the moment (and it’s too late to go poking around in the garage to look it up!) and although the rain beads off nicely until the next wash, it doesn’t give the lasting shine that Aquawax does.
Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - Senexdriver
I went up to bed via the garage last night. The product whose name I couldn’t remember is Gyeon Wet Coat.
I went up to bed via the garage last night. The product whose name I couldn’t remember is Gyeon Wet Coat.
Your previous post ret your first choice of aqua wax seems to get many excellent reviews online, another trip to Halfords today I think !

Your previous post ret your first choice of aqua wax seems to get many excellent reviews online, another trip to Halfords today I think !

It's wonderfull stuff, you can safely apply it all over, Windows, trim etc and does leave a lovely finish. A little tip if you get some, make sure the car is wet and be very sparing with it, one small spray per panel is plenty, just wipe all over the panel and allow to dry followed by a buff up.

The kit comes with 2 micro fibre cloths that are in my mind the nicest available..

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - skidpan

I used Autoglym from the mid 80's to 2005. It was way better than any polish I had used before but the powdery residue was always an annoying issue.

But in 2005 I discovered Meguiars when I needed a clay bar. After using the bar I used their Gold Class polish and what a revelation. Did the whole car (C-Max) in about 30 minutes and no powdery residue. Best bit was 6 months later, water was still beading, Autogly stopped after about 4 weeks.

Would not use anything but Meguiars now. Do cars twice a year and despite being more expensive than some main stream brands its really economical when used with the foam applicator.

Looking in a magazine over the weekend one company was selling car wax at over £250 a pot. What idiot would buy that.

Brought theAutoglym shampoo and aqua wash pack with micro fibre clothes for £15.04 in halfords this am. Will have to wait to try them out though as only polished the car Saturday!

Which meguirs wax product do you think tops autoglym I might try that on my wifes care and autoglym on mine and report back to you all in weeks/months on my views long term.
Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - skidpan
Which meguirs wax product do you think tops autoglym I might try that on my wifes care and autoglym on mine and report back to you all in weeks/months on my views long term.

Try reading my post. But just in case that is beyond you it was Meguiars Gold Class.

Try reading my post. But just in case that is beyond you it was Meguiars Gold Class.

Bit rude, he was only asking...oh and fyi if a product leaves a powdery residue it's a polish NOT a wax...the residue is French chalk and clay.

Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - FP

"Bit rude, he was only asking..."

When you've been around for a bit, that's what you expect from Skidpan!

Dear oh dear, its not beyond me at all , however my question was completely reasonable bearing in mind Meguirs sell the following ‘wax products ‘ 1) hybrid cermanic wax 2) ulimate liquid wax 3) quick wax 4) ultimate wax paste 5) gold class wax paste 6) wash abd wax anywhere 7) mirror bright polishing wax 8) nxt tech wax I was hoping that other readers might like to comment rather than being told its beyond me to read ! Thank you for those nice enough to contribute without the insults it was useful!
Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - V4 Heaven

Just to add another dimension, there is a company called AutoBrite Direct.

They have an entire range of car cleaning products and many professional car detailers use their products.

Their website is at: www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ and there'll be a product there for everyone.

They're based in Stoke On Trent and run a 'back to basics' car cleaning course if you're interested.

Their Supersonic Sprints beads for a long time but must be applied specifically as directed.

I particularly like their Alcantara seat cleaner which I find does a great job on my seats. Other than that, for a quick wash and polish, it's AD Purple Velvet shampoo and Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish to finish off (www.bilthamber.com/waxes-polishes-and-clay-bars/cl...h).

Finally, it's Muc Off Tyre Foam for the tyres, available from Wilko's (muc-off.com/products/tyre-foam). A long lasting deep satin shine for the tyres.

Edited by V4 Heaven on 23/04/2019 at 14:44

In my first post I suggested Meguiars Gold Class instead of Autoglym. Your response was:

I responded by suggesting you read my original post but added the name of the product anyway.

Now you are asking again which Meguiars product it is and list 8 to choose from.

1) hybrid cermanic wax 2) ulimate liquid wax 3) quick wax 4) ultimate wax paste 5) gold class wax paste 6) wash abd wax anywhere 7) mirror bright polishing wax 8) nxt tech wax

Surely its not that hard to decide that for yourself. I have made it incredibly clear in my 2 previous posts. Cannot see why I need to spell it out yet again.

In my first post I suggested Meguiars Gold Class instead of Autoglym. Your response was:

I responded by suggesting you read my original post but added the name of the product anyway.

Now you are asking again which Meguiars product it is and list 8 to choose from.

1) hybrid cermanic wax 2) ulimate liquid wax 3) quick wax 4) ultimate wax paste 5) gold class wax paste 6) wash abd wax anywhere 7) mirror bright polishing wax 8) nxt tech wax

Surely its not that hard to decide that for yourself. I have made it incredibly clear in my 2 previous posts. Cannot see why I need to spell it out yet again.

I asked you personally nothing in my open reply, I just explained my post explaining the multitude of waxes available by meguirs, seems Its you that has not read my post or is struggling to comprehend it. Time to move on now as I had concluded my post and said thanks to all that were not rude to me and were helpful, obviously an apology would of been appropriate from you but alas you did not. Perhaps a moderator will take a look at your post to see if it was deemed acceptable . Peace ??
Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - Talking_Hoarse

In my opinion the very best by far is Bullet Polish.

Bullet Polish is an emulsion of canauba wax, has no silicone in it and leaves no white residue. Doesn't clean (except as much as a damp cloth would) but leaves a durable wax, so maybe the word polish is misleading. This is a bit of a secret product, used by some of the best car (and other) museums in UK. Can be used on all finishes from coach enamel - 2-pack without lifting, and on glass, rubber, plastics, fabric etc etc. I find it really easy to use if /when drying off my car after having washed it.

Sadly Bullet Polish is not widely available except from the web site or a very few outlets (eg the museums that use it).

Sounds interesting, thanks for that !

Edit: Available from our friend's at Amazon apparently.

Edited by paul 1963 on 24/04/2019 at 09:39

Brilliant thanks for the heads up, just ordered it to try on Amazon prime , comes with two free microfibre polishing rags too! Cheers
Autoglym versus the rest .... - Best and longest lasting car wax / polish - galileo

If you want something easy to apply that will bead water like a duck's back for weeks Armor All Shield is worth a try, kit comes with applicator sponge and microfibre cloth. No waiting for it to dry and easy to buff.

Brilliant thanks for the heads up, just ordered it to try on Amazon prime , comes with two free microfibre polishing rags too! Cheers

Be interested to hear your thoughts when you try it, it's certainly got some good reviews.