Any - Not Driving - Bianconeri
Since the idiot cyclist ran me over and wrecked my ACL I’ve not been driving. I’ve found that even though I COULD drive now I really don’t want to. The roads are full of the self-obsessed, each trying to score points off everyone else and with scant regard for speed lmits or any other motoring law as long as they think they can get away with it. Frankly, why venture onto the roads if you don’t have to, even though my ‘accident’ was on a footpath.

So, I’m now carless. SWMBO has kept one of the ‘fleet’ and we’ll share it - though it’s mainly hers. The others have been sold or, in one case, passed on to family members.
Any - Not Driving - nellyjak

Perhaps the feelings will pass..otherwise, given you don't want to be on the road and you have accidents on the footpaths, you may be spending quite a lot of time at home.!

Golf course, thankfully we don’t allow buggies.

Footpaths are largely ok thankfully, my ‘accident’ was 100% due to a selfish idiot who thought that ‘no cycling’ and normal rules of commonsense did not apply to her.
Any - Not Driving - barney100

Not sure if cyclists class themselves as road users or footpath users. Place near me has cylists going along the pavement then they stop road traffiic by using the pedestrian lights when they want to cross over. Unused cycle lanes are taking more and more road space, it's a strange arrangement.

Not sure if cyclists class themselves as road users or footpath users. Place near me has cylists going along the pavement then they stop road traffiic by using the pedestrian lights when they want to cross over. Unused cycle lanes are taking more and more road space, it's a strange arrangement.

This was a pukka paved footpath, she had lifted her bike past railings about ¼ mile back and there were large ‘no cycling’ signs within 25 yards of where she hit me. There is a parallel cycle path at the side of the road less than 50 yards away. Basically ‘republic of me’ attitudes.
Any - Not Driving - oldroverboy.

What is an ACL?

Any - Not Driving - badbusdriver

My mates wife had an accident a couple of years ago when she was t boned by a car which went through a red light. She decided she didn't want to drive anymore, but after about 3 months she got back behind the wheel again. Mind you, a few years prior to that, she was driving a bus in horrendous wind and got blown off the road. That really shook her up too (understandably) and resulted in her giving up driving buses in favour of a job at the bus station.

Any - Not Driving - Falkirk Bairn

ACL - anterior cruciate ligament - back of the knee.