Welcome to our speed cameras, NOW LIVE - Going to Wales? - oldroverboy.

For those of you going to Sunny Wales at Easter...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-39515...9

I don't drive along this bit anymore, but now that the cameras are "active" I'll try to remember

Edited by oldroverboy. on 09/04/2017 at 08:13

Welcome to our speed cameras, NOW LIVE - Going to Wales? - RobJP

I'm in north Wales, and none of my work is in south Wales, so only down that way every couple of years.

They put HUGE signs up telling people about the cameras - before they put the cameras up.

They then, when the camareas went live, wrote to tell people "You've been caught speeding, but we're going to let you off" for 5 years.

The last 6 months before October 2016, they sent people the same letters, reminding them that as of October enforcement action would be taken.

Welcome to our speed cameras, NOW LIVE - Going to Wales? - Smileyman

if they are operated like the cameas elsewhere - half the time they will be used for no reason, "cry wolf" is the thought - last Sunday early evening M25 travelling clockwise from A10 towards M11 then A12, speed reduced to 60 with warning of incident, but nothing there, eventually limit was returned to 70, clear road all the way!

Perhaps every one of these should have a hotline contact telephone number under the display so that passengers may call and check the validity / need of the restriction (not drivers for obvious reasons)