N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - Rachel234

Guys, majorly important, April 24th onwards drastic changes are being made

Fines now ranked into three bands, with band C being most severe and fines will be calculated according to how much the offender earns.

A lot more in depth here: www.carkeys.co.uk/news/speeding-fine-sentences-are...h

Highly suggest reading so you don't get caught out!

N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - brum

Doesnt apply to me as I dont speed.

N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - RT

It only applies if outside the range of speed to issue a fixed penalty - eg 96+ mph in a 70 limit.

Frankly, at that speed a ban would be more appropriate.

N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - Engineer Andy

It only applies if outside the range of speed to issue a fixed penalty - eg 96+ mph in a 70 limit.

Frankly, at that speed a ban would be more appropriate.

Indeed, though a former boss of mine would've been bankrupted had the link to his income been taken into account the number of times he was speeding very excessively!

Saw some guy in a (I think) Touareg on the way home, barrelling along (in the dark and rain) at 90+ coming up to the scene of an accident where most other drivers were already backing off...then had to slam on the anchors to avoid rear-ending another driver who had been braking for a while...idiot. Some people are just an accident waiting to happen.

Too many cops doing ridiculous amounts of (politically-correct and mostly needless) paperwork and not out and about nicking people!

N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - mss1tw
So HMRC will be flooded with requests for self-employed peoples earnings?

I'll have to get the other set of books out...
N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - drd63

So your chances of getting caught don't change, just that if you do get caught and are well over the limit you'll get a bigger fine. Not really earth shattering news and unlikely to have a big impact on behaviors.

N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - Metropolis.

I can't understand why we don't follow Germany's lead on speed limits, I thought we were supposed to be the free-thinking self-reliant ones in a europe full of rules..

N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - Rachel234

Saw this on Top Gear last week.

Valid point, sure Clarkson mentioned there's minimal accidents as people know they can drive fast but don't as they don't want to die, his words.

N/A - Tougher Speeding fines - Need to read! - Avant

Many thanks Rachel for drawing our attention to it.