Honest John quits on iPhone - dadbif
Am I alone with this problem, when reading the forum on my iPhone if I tap onto some headings, usually those with a single name as the title, the app quits and I have to restart. Anyone got any idea how to prevent this?
Honest John quits on iPhone - Avant

I've just tried a few links on this app on my iPhone - no problems. Has anyone else had trouble?

Honest John quits on iPhone - Energyman
It's not the links in the replies it is the subject headings in the back room list of topics, that sometimes crash the app, usually just a contributors name shows and no title. Happens on iPad as well
Honest John quits on iPhone - veloceman
Yeah, does the same to me on my iPhone.
Also on the 'Crabbing Mercedes' thread.
Just throws me out when I try to load.
Honest John quits on iPhone - FoxyJukebox

Might this be something to do with an HJ site moderator "at work"?

Honest John quits on iPhone - Avant

No it wouldn't.

Looking at the iPhone app again, there are some apparent entries in the backroom with just a 'name' which indeed turn the whole thing off. I can't find these names (e.g. elwyn ruscoe, Tickenham Tiger) in any of the sections of the forum, so I've no idea where they've come from.

Best just to ignore the threads with just a name and no subject.

Edited by Avant on 31/01/2017 at 12:00

Honest John quits on iPhone - HJ Editor

Those subject-less posts are comments on news articles. I can't see why they would crash the app completely, but they shouldn't be appearing in the app anyway. I'll update the app's feed to remove them.

Glad I'm not alone
Honest John quits on iPhone - daveyjp
Iphones and ipads, in particular older ones, can be very flaky with some ad feeds.

I've just had to replace my venerable ipad2 as more and more web pages were becoming unuseable. The processor was too old to deal with modern websites and apps and it included HJ site.
Nothing to do with hardware, it happens on my wife's iPad Air and my new iPhone 7