Advice: Best option for next car - koksieboy

I’m planning to replace my car and naturally my choice would have been a BMW 320Ed or 520Ed. However, due to the bad Scottish winter last year I’m considering going for a 4x4 such as BMW X5 (3.0d SE), Volvo XC90 (2.4 D5), Honda CRV (2.2 i-DTDi ES) or Lexus RX400h. Key deciding factors for me are:

1. Very good resale value
  2. Reasonable fuel economy
  3. Lowest possible cost of ownership
  4. Automatic
  5. SATNAV
  6. 4 years maximum age
  7. 7-Seater (if available)

Which would you recommend? What is the reasonable mileage to expect for the best deal? Where is the best place to buy (Autotrader, eBay or Auctions etc)? I’m also open to your honest suggestions outside my above options.

Thanks

Advice: Best option for next car - jamie745

Well first off if you want a 4x4 to deal with the bad Scottish winters then the BMW X5 is completely out of the question. It may look like a 4x4 but it will get stuck on a bowling green.

Volvo XC90 does work offroad and it was cheap to start with coupled with high demand so should sell on pretty well but as a 'drivers car' its a long way short of the 'lifestyle' SUV's from BMW.

Advice: Best option for next car - Bobbin Threadbare

I’m planning to replace my car and naturally my choice would have been a BMW 320Ed or 520Ed.

1. 7-Seater (if available)

So are you after a large car with many seats for children, or one that will fit 4 people in? Those BMWs can't fit 7 legally!

I don't know if I would worry too much about the winter. I've driven around in terrible snowy conditions in a Ford Focus with no ABS and I had no probs. I say make a decision on the size of the car first...........also some of the chaps on here are winter tyre experts.

My old 406 got across more snow than a BMW X5. True story.

@jamie745,

thanks for your advise, I've had pleasant experiences with BMWs (2, 5-series & old X5) iin the past but those were in sunnier weather. I'm naturally biased towards a BMW but I'm open to other real practical options. I like the XC90 but it seems to be a gas guzzler and as you mentioned, the drive is no where near the X5.

@Bobbin

Yeah, I got a family of 4 so a 7 seater would be an added bonus, the X5 3rd seat are ideal for kids though the lack of airbag protection is a concern. My wife prefers an SUV since she would be driving it most of the time.

Advice: Best option for next car - unthrottled
  1. Very good resale value
  2. Reasonable fuel economy
  3. Lowest possible cost of ownership
  4. Automatic
  5. SATNAV
  6. 4 years maximum age
  7. 7-Seater (if available)

I think you need to be realistic with your wish list. A proper seven seater 4X4 is never going to yield good economy in the real world. Do you mean 4 children or 4 inc. adults? The 3rd row is often quite half-baked and kills boot space. If you don't really need it, don't opt for it.

FWD will cope very well in snow with the right tyres. The scandanavians manage perfectly well in conditions far worse than you'll see in Scotland.

@unthrottled

4 incl 2 adults. BTW I'm buying used and not brand new. Any suggestion on a FWD? I'm now leaning towards the CRV for an SUV but for a regular car, I might stick to BMW (3 or 5 Series) with winter tires cos of good deals in the office from ex-company fleet.

BMW are rear wheel drive with low ground clearance and really quite useless on anything sort of wintery. As i said earlier i had a Peugeot 406 which went through more snow than most SUV's, i was going to work in 3 foot worth with that and it didnt get stuck once, and it was an automatic.

If you still want something SUV ish the Chevrolet Captiva isnt too bad off road and is quite cheap as nobody likes them, half decent diesel engine too. A proper utilitarian off road car will be expensive to run, Discovery, Hilux Surf, Landcruiser etc and most of the time you're getting 20 to the gallon to lug alot of off road machinery which you dont need for 9 months of the year around with you.

I don't do any form of real off-road driving so I don't need those heavy off-roaders. But our VW Passat and Skoda Fabia got stuck atleast 6 times last winter and we were also caught in the M80 chaos near Glasgow when the roads were not gritted. I have 2 family friends with Captiva but they don't seem to pleased with it. I've also looked at the Qashqai and RAV4.

VW Passat and Skoda Fabia got stuck atleast 6 times last winter

Have you tried retreading the Passat in winter tyres? Way cheaper than changing.

Edited by unthrottled on 18/08/2011 at 17:09

Advice: Best option for next car - oldtoffee

Tough sell to a BMW fan but how about a new Hyundai Santa Fe, 2.2 diesel. Competent 4wd drive system with 4wd lock if you need it. Top spec premium, auto, 194bhp for around 24k, 7 seats if you need them, 5 year warranty. It's several grand more than a 4 year old, out of warranty, leggy X5 but a couple of big bills and servicing on the BMW could take care of that. Santa Fe is quite quick but still 10 mph slower and 1 second slower to 60, better mpg and £1,100 for the first 5 services at yearly or 20k intervals.

Ex fleet can be a really good deal-knowing the history of a the car is worth a great deal.

I'd have a really good look at an Audi A4/A6 Avant. Stylish, hold their value well, economical range of TDI engines, bags of space in the boot...

The important thing is that your wife test drives it! If she is shorter than you then the ideal ergonomics will be different for her than you. Men tend to forget this when buying cars for their wives.

The 'soft roader' SUVs might look mountain-crawling tanks, but they're just ordinary cars on stilts. You sacrafice fuel economy and driving dynamics for...well nothing really!

The 3 series will be lovely to drive, but if your kids are getting older check out the leg room in the back. The cabin space is small compared to other cars of the same size. That's the penalty for rear drive and 50/50 weight distribution. It might be the ultimate driving machine but a 3 series is not the ultimate place to be a rear passenger.

Men tend to forget this when buying cars for their wives.

Is this allowed?! Ok hands up, who has bought a car for their wife and not let her choose it?

I am going to lob in some more ideas, if it's a large vehicle with snow-coping abilities:

Audi A6 Avant (like unthrottled said above - my F-i-L has the estate A6 and it aside from being beautiful inside it performed admirably on the snow) or the Audi Allroad. Possibly not enough seating though. Good leg room.

These all have loads of seats:

Hyundai Santa Fe - lots of torque for gripping and it's got room for 6 children in the back!

Mitsubish Shogun

Volvo XC90 - now there's a snow scaring beast!

Toyota Landcruiser

I'd go as far as to say most of the pseudo soft roaders are little more than really big hatchbacks.
Men tend to forget this when buying cars for their wives.

@unthrottled

Yeah! I'm a true BMW fan. My kids are 5yr & 1yr old so it would be a long time before they feel cramped in the back seats of a 3-series. I couldn't help lol with your remarks about buying a car for the wife! Well, my wife would n't get about her height with the car choice. She wants an SUV too cos most of her friends got one (lol).

@Bobbin

Sound choice on the Sante Fe but I'm really geting scared about the cost of running an SUV.....road tax and gas bills (fuel is madly expensive in UK!). I have no experience with Audis but I would investigate it also.

I had a quick look at the Ford Momdeo for FWD option, its cheap with good reviews but I hate the dashboard....it looks too toyish.

How about a BMW 530xi? Or a Lexus RX - it's a hybrid as well!

LOL - 'fuel' is not too pricey; the tax on it in the UK is, some might say, rather excessive!

(Are you S.African or something like that, with that nickname?)

Jaguar X Type 4WD! Ok its not seven seats but its not a Hyundai!
Advice: Best option for next car - daveyK_UK

i would go for the honda or consider a toyota land cruiser.

You can't be serious about using a Land Cruiser as a grocery getter?! You need a really good reason to buy one of those. Nightmare to park, lousy to drive, heavy on fuel...

I'm not casting aspersions on your domestic arrangements! But men tend to play the dominant role in choosing cars and they often forget that what's comfy for a 200lb 6' men isn't necessarily great for a 110lb 5', 3" women.

The other classic is buying the missus a 'runaround' like a micra. The Wife has to cram 3 kids, sports gear and a labrador into a Micra while the husband takes the 5 series to work and it sits in the car park all day!

I think i mentioned earlier that vehicles like the Landcruiser are magnificent machines but unless you're going to use them on the rough stuff all the time you'll end up doing 20 to the gallon (if you're lucky) to lug magnificent but redundant off road machinery around with you.

If you really want a 7 seat type 4x4 thing which can handle some snow but isnt too shocking on fuel and running costs then the XC90 is top of the list. You can get an 03-05 plate for 6-10k and generally arent bought by posers (because how would you pose in it?) but are bought by people who buy them for requirements and maintain them out of neccessity.

Chevrolet Captiva as mentioned earlier, probably get a newer, lower mileage car for your money than the XC90, half decent diesels, 7 seats, capable off road and talking about 30mpg and £260 VED a year, not too horrible for a car of its size. The Hyundai Santa Fe has already been mentioned. Most of the cars in the next bracket up from them are proper offroaders, your Landcruisers, Discoverys, Pathfinders, Hilux Surf's etc and unless you intend to use it off road all year round they just dont justify the expense.

If you just want a car then anything front wheel drive with proper wheels and tyres (none of this low profile slicks rubbish) and importantly the smallest front overhang possible. Something like a 407 which has 8 feet of car in front of the front wheels would be no good, for example.

In my personal opinion if it was my money i'd knock the 4x4 idea on the head and go for something like a Vauxhall Zafira. Im not a fan of Vauxhalls as you all know but a friend of my mother has one, 7 seats with the fancy folding flat arrangement in the back and it handled the winter ok, not brilliantly but it made it and in 1.9CDTi form its decent on the pocket. You can get a 4 year old one odd for less than the XC90 its decent value. Ford Galaxy is an also an option but is a bit more expensive. Im not saying either of these cars can rampage through rough terrain but for the sake of a few weeks of snowy icy roads its capable enough. More capable than a BMW anyway.

Edited by jamie745 on 18/08/2011 at 22:37

The other classic is buying the missus a 'runaround' like a micra. The Wife has to cram 3 kids, sports gear and a labrador into a Micra while the husband takes the 5 series to work and it sits in the car park all day!

I really relate with your comment above. My wife drive around in the Fabia while my VW Passat seats in the car park most ofnthe time asi do tons of business travels by flight all year. She only drives auto while the Passat is manual.
Advice: Best option for next car - SteveLee

The only car that's going to tick all your boxes (bar perhaps 1) and not cost a small fortune is a Chevrolet Captiva. You should be able to get a 4 year old car for about £8.5K. 7 seats, auto, diesel, lots of kit, four wheel drive.

Advice: Best option for next car - Avant

With just four of you in the family a BMW X1 or X3 would do as well as an X5 for less money, as would a Volvo XC60 or 70 versus an XC90. A 4 x 4 Audi would do well too (various sizes of Audi available with 4wd), although bear in mind that you could get a new Skoda Yeti or Octavia Scout for the price of a used Audi.

4x4s are better in winter than 2wds but they're not magic: you need winter or all-weather tyres as well.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Land Rover Freelander yet - a gamble as to whether you get a good one but worth a look.

If you let us know your budget, our advice might be better able to be directed!

Edited by Avant on 18/08/2011 at 22:47

I decided not to mention the Freelander; I guess I dismissed it as too obvious and a lot of people don't like them (why is that?!)

That Skoda Yeti is funny looking but seems to be a cracker from reviews I've read.

Clarkson drove the Yeti through a burning building and had a helicopter land on its roof. If thats not informative sensible consumer advice to assist this gentleman in his choice of next car then i dont know what is!

Clarkson drove the Yeti through a burning building and had a helicopter land on its roof. If thats not informative sensible consumer advice to assist this gentleman in his choice of next car then i dont know what is!

I also saw that episode on Topgear.....the Yeti was drove more smoothly compared to the SUV king- Range Rover (lol). But my wife hates the looks.

Yes and looks are unfortunately such a big part of why people buy an SUV now. It has to be a bling Range Rover to satisfy the blonde women of middle England who use it to fetch the shopping on a breezy day. A proper utilitarian SUV is ugly, and has to be ugly by definition, its function over form. To make it look nice you have to sacrifice some of what that type of car was originally built to do.

Let me first say a very big "thank you" to everyone that has taken time to respond to my post, I really appreciate all advise/opinions posted. As suggested let me summarize my situation to better direct advice given.

My current company car (VW Passat) is due fo replacement and the best available replacement option is a Vauxhall Insignia NAV Ecoflex Elite Edition. However, I want to opt out of the company car to get a car with auto transmission privately so that my wife can drive it too. Our initial budget was £20k for a used car but we reviewed it down to around £10k to put money on other projects. My available options are as follow

1. Buy an automatic car (VW, Vauxhall or BMW) from my office ex-fleet.
2. Buy a car privately from the used car market.

The features in my original post applies.

For £20k the suggestions above all make good sense. But for £10k you'd get a much newer Yeti or Octavia Scout than any of the others.

I suggest that you get Mrs Koksieboy (Koeksister?) to try one and hope that she likes it so much that she can live with the looks. The Roomster is the plugugly one: the Yeti is simply functional.

Advice: Best option for next car - ForumNeedsModerating

With all due respect to the OP & fellow posters, it's more important, imho, to have a clear idea of what usage pattern you have & functionality set that will suit that.

All the email ping-pong will simply leave you not much the wiser since you'll be comparing 'apples & oranges' & have no viable comparison set, i.e. this is good at that, that is good as this, don't like the looks, but I'd like to have x,y,z etc, etc.

I'd suggest setting an inviolable list of requirements (inc. total budget) & working from there - when you've got that, ask/look for for user experiences/reviews.

Quite. I often try to probe (perhaps impertinantly) to try to unearth what the OP is actually looking for. Often the question being posed: "is X a good car?" is irrelevant. Usually the answer is "yes"- but not necessarily the car that best suits their needs.

Ok. Here we go:

1. Budget of £10k (+/- £3k)
2. Usual home-work 25 miles daily run
3. Some long distance travels across UK (Business & personal) 3-5x a year.
4. Reasonable handling in snow
5. SatNav (nice to have)
6. Auto (must have)
7. family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children)
8. Main car in house of 2 cars (2nd car Skoda Fabia Estate)

I hope I've given enough info. Thanks.

I suggest that you get Mrs Koksieboy (Koeksister?)

...that would be koksiegirl (lol)

I think I would arrange for her to test drive the following:

SUV:
1. Honda CRV auto
2. Chevrolet Captiva auto
3. Skoda Yeti

Car:
1. VW Passat auto (from office)
2. BMW 5-Series auto (from office)
3. Vauxhall Zafira auto (from office)

We would then budget for winter tyres.

I would still leave the 5 series at home at the first sight of frost.

Budget for some good winter tyres for your second car, the Fabia, and it should cope with all but the thickest snow.

Advice: Best option for next car - pugswhdi

Folks, look back at the OP. His post starts saying that he wants a newish 3 or 5 series BMW, therefore in my mind making it clear that he either enjoys driving and have a capable car nad/or he cares about the image his car projects.

Now please reconsider the endless chevy captiva SUV thing that must be in the top five least desirable new cars around. Please stop with all these usless suggestions!

What about a well specced Legacy wagon? Not the most economical but reliable, strong, four wheel drive, well designed and respected by those in the know.

@pugswhdi

His post did start by saying he wanted a 3 or 5 series but then moved on to say

due to the bad Scottish winter last year I’m considering going for a 4x4 such as BMW X5 (3.0d SE), Volvo XC90 (2.4 D5), Honda CRV (2.2 i-DTDi ES) or Lexus RX400h

A 3 series or 5 series doesnt fit the bill of being a 4x4 to handle the winter. Nor does it fit the desirable option of being a 7 seater which was also in the OP. Am i supposed to read the first line, go 'oh he wants a BMW i should just recommend it'? I dont think that'd be practical. The 3 or 5 series doesnt match any of those requirements. So people suggested alternatives.

The X5 doesnt work off road, the XC90 was in his original post. If its all about image, style and badge snobbery then buy the X5 but all you get is a really big hatchback and you'll still be stuck in the snow, fine, if thats what you want. Fake offroaders dont work offroad and proper offroaders dont carry any style or image and are costly to run. Fact of life. So people tried to find something in between and got the Captiva which fits more of the OP's requirements than a 5 series.

What are we supposed to do?

Advice: Best option for next car - NowWheels

If you want a car for young children, then you don't need much seat space. However, you will need boot space for all the clobber that children require.

So an estate car looks like a good bet, because they have less passenger room and more boot. Estates have a further advantages for young children over MPVs or 4X4s, in that they are lower, so your children will be thrown around less on corners and so will be less likely to be carsick.

From your list, that points to the Passat.

Koksieboy has been grateful for the suggestions, and is considersing several of them including the Captiva, so they clearly weren't useless. Keep it polite please.

The Legacy could be a good one to add to the list., although if I were in the market for one I'd be a little worried as to how long Subaru will stay in the UK. They used to have a niche in the market all to themselves - not any longer. They took a long time to do a diesel, and others filled the gap.

I think the key point of the overal question is the issue seven seats. If the seven seats are a necessity, the field is very narrow. If 2 rows of seats are sufficient, the number of options is huge.

At the risk of telling someone what they need, I would avoid 3 rows of seats in an ordinary car for several reasons:

-with a family of four, the third row will be very seldomly used and virtually redundant.

-The loss of boot space, on the other hand, will be sorely missed.

-The 3rd row is usually pretty compromised.

In my view unless your requirements fall into one or both of these two categories you should avoid a 4x4 type 7 seat car.

1) You need 7 seats

2) You need it for regular off road work

If you put a cross in both of those boxes you will receive no benefit of having a 4x4, but will incur the added expense of one. If you need a 7 seater on the road then buy a Zafira or something similar. If not then theres plenty of decent cars out there for less money and lower running costs than a 4x4.

Wow! I'm so amazed and grateful for the amount of valuable suggestions from everyone.

I can do without the 7 seat and off-road capabilities so as u suggested 4x4 is now firmly out of my options. So here are my refined options

1. Passat auto diesel (good specs bargains around £10k)

2. Ford Mondeo auto (good bargain but I still dislike the dashboard)

3. BMW 520d SE auto (good fuel economy etc – sorry Jamie I couldn’t resist lol)

4. Lexus IS auto

5. Volvo S40/S60 auto

6. Vauxhall Insignia

Wifey hates Estate (tourers) cars but I can try to convince her. I've already settled on buying winter tyres for whichever choice I go for.

I have nothing against the 5 series its a fine car but it is rear wheel drive and in automatic form will be the wrong side of useless in winter even with winter tyres. A Mondeo with standard tyres would even do a better job. The Mondeo (i presume you mean the new shape, 57plate onwards) is a very large car in hatchback form, its bigger than the old Granada believe it or not so unless you're carrying ALOT of stuff or something very boxy i dont think an estate would be neccessary in the Mondeo.

The Lexus IS is only worth considering if you get the 4WD model, as the others would be no better than the 5 series.

Ive only been in an Insignia once and its a marked improvement on the old Vectra but i did find the ride very stiff, almost BMW-ey but you obviously like that. The Volvo isnt as big inside as it looks, only the S80 is worth consideration for putting 4 people in.

Mondeo or Passat with winter tyres would get my vote.

Wifey hates Estate (tourers) cars

You don't need a new car, you need a new wife!

[joke]

Tourers are wonderful-they look so good and yet are so practical. There's not a bad car on your list-pick the one that 'feels' right.

Im not a fan of estates either, they're vans with windows and unless you need a van with windows i cant see any reason to buy one.

Nah-that's MPVs. Like an estate but not as good. Give it to the marketing men to come up with a millitay sounding acronym and everyone loves them. 5 seats, large boot, 2 box shape-it has no more 'purposes' than an estate!

Oh and Jamie-STOP BEING CHILDISH!

Im not being childish i just dont like estate cars. Only people who have to carry lots of big stuff around should buy them. Ive never seen a car which looks better in estate form than in saloon/hatchback. I just couldnt bring myself to buy an estate, ugly things.

getting closer......

1. Passat auto
2. BMW 520d (manual)
3. Mondo (New Shape) auto

....taking wifey to check them out tomorrow......lol

I thought an auto was a requirement?

It is but I can force my wifey to learn to drive manual lol

What is the maximum mileage to consider for each of those cars (max age of 4 years).

Well, since no one else had admonished you today-I took it upon myself to do so!

If you hadn't done anything wrong, it's only because you hadn't thought of it yet.

If the wife wants an auto then get an auto, you'll only argue about it later.

Edited by Avant on 20/08/2011 at 20:50

'Specially when she rides the clutch. Learning to drive a manual is best done is someone else's car. ;)

But if she stalls a 5 series at the lights its unlikely she'll have a BMW behind her beeping and flashing the lights etc

We visited BMW, VW, Vauxhall and Honda dealerships today for my wife to view the used cars. She choose the following in order of preference

1. Honda CRV
2. BMW 520d auto diesel
3. Vauxhall Insignia auto diesel

The concern with the CRV is that there is no auto diesel in the 07-59 reg and the 10 version is quite expensive. So we would have to go for petrol engine if we choose the CRV.

A petrol auto CRV will use a lot more fuel than the other two - so how much that matters depends on your annual mileage.

If it matters a lot, a combination of the 520d and your Fabia with winter tyres should see you through the Scottish winter.

I cant believe im about to say this but on the basis of those three, i would recommend the Vauxhall.

*goes to shower, feel all dirty for saying that*

Advice: Best option for next car - NowWheels

If you visited four dealerships in one day, you won't have had much of a chance to try loading up the boot with all the kid's clobber, or to take the cars on a decently long test drive in the conditions you will be using them.

So the conclusions will favour showrooom appeal over usability.

Yes but if they buy the one the wife picks then when its proved to be useless within a month she cant say 'you told me to buy this'.

Advice: Best option for next car - injection doc

I would take a serious look at Passat Auto, or Audi A4 quattro TDi and have a spare set of winter tyres in the garage.

I have a freelander 2 Td4 auto and from a point of view of electronics for the 4WD options in the auto it will go just about anywhere and was fantastic in the snow but I can assure you an X5 is useless in the snow. I had to use my FR2 to keep towing my neighbours X5 back up the steep hill to his house during the snow !.

I would prefer the Audi/Passat, great cars and very good economey and for some reason always understated. My Passat Highline DSG was brilliant and doing 6-700 miles in a day was no problem and a lot more comfortable than my 59 E-250 merc ! that was an absolute back killer !

The current car we are replacing is an 07 plate Passat I owned from new so she is not keen on buying the same car again.
I borrowed my friend's 07 plate 520d 2 days ago, also using an 11 plate company Insignia for the weekend and another friend is bringing his 07 CRV to the house tomorrow. So we already (or would) have a practical trial of each car before we narrowed down the options. Unfortunately they are all manual hence our visit to the dealerships to check out the auto versions.

What about the Jaguar X Type? Decent in the snow, the 4WD model specifically.

Recent Passats are finally good looking cars - unfortunately they break – regularly. They suffer from numerous problems – avoid.

It's curious, isn't it, that there seem to be more complaints about Passats, on this forum and elsewhere, than about other VAG models that share the same mechanicals.

I've no idea why they should go wrong more often.

Its all a conspiracy.

I thought Škodas often use older model powertrains? As far as I know they kept the Bosch solonoid injectors system where the more “upmarket” VAG cars had gone over to the dodgy Siemens injectors.

In terms of the common oil pump failure, this tends to affect Audi's more than any other model – dunno why!?

Friend of mine has a theory that some manufacturers design components to break 24 hours after the end of the warranty period on purpose.

He's had some bad luck, as you can probably guess.

Advice: Best option for next car - Boulder2k9

Not sure if its already been suggested, but how about a Volvo XC70? Seem to have much of the criteria you are looking for, heres a good example

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3022251.htm

or this which imo is nicer looking and quite a bit cheaper

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2957551.htm

An Audi A6 Allroad is another possibility...

Advice: Best option for next car - corax

Friend of mine has a theory that some manufacturers design components to break 24 hours after the end of the warranty period on purpose.

He's had some bad luck, as you can probably guess.

Yes, I would imagine theres nothing like a failure just outside the warranty to make you a bit cynical.

Advice: Best option for next car - pugswhdi

Of the 3 choices you've narrowed it down to I'd favour the Honda. My family have owned a few recently (Jazz and Accord) and every one has been a great car. They are all petrol and whilst they do use more fuel than a similar diesel many they rarely need anything else so overall cost of ownership works out to be reasonable. Even the 2.4 petrol, automatic, estate Accord doing about 40,000 miles a year is well loved and only seems to need regular, scheduled maintenance. The other advantage is that these 'big' petrol cars tend to be considerably less expensive to buy than their diesel cousins which has to be worth something to a private buyer?

ps - I still like legacy wagons but they aren't for everyone!

Given the OP specified 'good resale value' i'd be wary of buying any big petrol cars. I agree they're excellent value now with everybody switching to diesel and all the rest of it but if fuel prices continue to rise within three years the OP might be left with a petrol lemon which will be very hard to get rid of and end up part ex-ing it for a slice of what he paid against something else.

Even the 2.4 petrol, automatic, estate Accord doing about 40,000 miles a year is well loved

Wow. Who pays that fuel bill?!

Edited by unthrottled on 22/08/2011 at 15:29

Sounds a great car. If your name is BP Shell Exxon Valdez.