I got a flat tyre on my hire car - do I declare this car hire excess claim to my own insurer?

I recently hired a car in Spain and during the rental I had a flat tyre. The rental firm charged me 125 Euros when I returned the car. Fortunately, I had taken out separate car hire excess insurance before going away - so I'm now in the process of claiming the cost of the tyre back. However, if the claim is successful, will I need to declare it as a "claim" when I renew my own car insurance? If so, will this impact on my annual policy cost or no claims discount?

Asked on 14 August 2017 by albuster

No, you do not need to declare this.