I got a flat tyre on my hire car - do I declare this car hire excess claim to my own insurer?

I recently hired a car in Spain and during the rental I had a flat tyre. The rental firm charged me 125 Euros when I returned the car. Fortunately, I had taken out separate car hire excess insurance before going away - so I'm now in the process of claiming the cost of the tyre back. However, if the claim is successful, will I need to declare it as a "claim" when I renew my own car insurance? If so, will this impact on my annual policy cost or no claims discount?

Asked on 14 August 2017 by albuster

Answered by Honest John
No, you do not need to declare this.
Similar questions
My car insurance broker, Swinton, issued me with a letter to confirm that in July last year (2016) I had 12 years of no claims. Aviva who I insured with last year only go up to nine years NCD, so that's...
I recently leased a second car and own a 2010 Hyundai i30 outright. I would like to give the i30 to my wife, but she only has a provisional licence. Should I retain both cars and simply add her to the...
My wife recently changed her car from a Land Rover Freelander, worth £2000 and insurance group 23, to a Renault Clio, worth £2000 and insurance group 9. When I changed the vehicle on our Admiral insurance...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer