Hyundai Ioniq (2016 on)

Overall rating
How it drives
Fuel economy
Tax/Insurance/Warranty costs
Cost of maintenance and repairs
Experience at the dealership
How practical it is
How you rate the manufacturer
Overall reliability

A true drivers car, especially in manual ??

Love it, it's the new spec too, so has automatic handbrake and twin side lights either side on the front. The DCT gearbox is a dream, give it a go in manual, the dashboard turns orange, the digits slope, and a rev counter appears, all boys toys but I'm sure lady drivers will appreciate it too. Perhaps Hyundai should ask Susie Wolff to try one for her opinion?

I only have 1 complaint about this car, no front fog lights. That's it, everything else I love. I was talking to a bloke with a Kia Estate and he asked me what I thought, so I let him have a look around and him and his wife sat in the car. The next time i saw him he had bought one and is glad he did.

I've just read the 1* review by Warren Hobb.
Sluggish - obviously hasn't tried it in manual!
Economy/electric driving - he's obviously bought the wrong model, he should have bought the plug in Hybrid if he wants to drive round town on electric only. He claims the garage "sold" it to him, did he not research it first? Also there's no mention of if he uses the regenerative braking system, that alone, used wisely, saves on disc pad wear significantly.

I feel that this chaps review is based on his aggressive driving style coupled with a complete lack of knowledge about the technology and research before he bought the vehicle. Basically he's used the review to vent his spleen because he is a poor driver. The anagram of Diego Maradona describes him perfectly!

Report as offensive