Ask Honest John

Most recently answered electric range questions
Last bank holiday Monday, I travelled the 260 miles from Edinburgh to the North Midlands in my diesel Hyundai. I still had enough fuel for another 250 miles, but the journey took seven hours instead of...
How do quoted economy figures for battery-electric cars hold up if the car is driven continuously at motorway speeds? My daughter lives 170 miles away and all but 2 miles is on a dual carriageway or motorway.
I'm totally confused about actual as opposed to claimed electric car ranges. 80% of my travel is short urban trips, which would be ideal for an electric vehicle. The trouble is the other 20%. This consists...
I purchased a Peugeot e-208 a few months ago. I have never been very impressed with its range so decided to drive it from fully charged until the battery warning light illuminated. Over a few days of mixed...
Is the Volkswagen e-Golf the best value, used electric car?
Please can you tell me what SUV has the longest electric range?
What's the real world mileage of a Hyundai Ioniq electric?
A 24Kw Nissan Leaf will do about 95 miles. Why does the 32Kw Hyundai Ioniq only do a very small distance on electric power only?
We have four children and are struggling with our Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. We need a secondhand replacement with space and a decent boot, so very few cars are suitable. We do 6000 miles per year with...
Does the Renault Zoe really do 250 miles on one charge?
 

Value my car