Could you suggest a small, comfortable car with wide-opening doors?

I need a small, easy to drive car for my parents. They have severe back problems and need soft suspension and, ideally, wide opening doors. If it was economical that would be better - but comfort is more important. Money is no object.

Asked on 18 May 2017 by Beverley Nash

It struck me years ago that the Mitsubishi Colt three-door was very good in this respect, which you can see in the pictures here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/mitsubishi/mitsubi.../ Others include the Ford B-Max because the whole side opens up, but needs to be on the smallest wheel size with deepest profile 185/60 R15 tyres: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/ford/ford-b-max-20.../