What type of insurance do I need to cover taxi drivers and hire cars?

I'm planning to buy two new cars on HP to hire out to minicab/Uber drivers but I'm not sure if this is allowed. If it is, can you please advice on what type of insurance to take to cover the drivers and car for cabbing?

Asked on 1 February 2017 by Babs bajulaiye

Answered by Honest John
The best source of information on finance for buying cars for private hire and hire and reward insurance is: www.prodrivermags.com/ This link takes you to private hire car finance: www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&.../ These take you to taxi insurance: www.gocompare.com/taxi-insurance/ and www.tradex.com/taxi-insurance/private-public-hire-.../
Similar questions
I'm a taxi driver and I was reversed into in a supermarket. There was damage to the back door/panel and the wheel. I was given a hire car as I needed to work and my car was considered unroadworthy. But...
I have been unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident. My Ferrari has an agreed value over £200,000 and repairs are circa £90,000 - however I don't want it repairing. I will not have confidence...
I used to be a taxi driver. I had a fare one day last year - a mother and child. The child did the usual thing kids do and tried to get away with not wearing a seat belt. I stopped the car and asked the...


Value my car