Our Volkswagen Passat caught fire because of electrical issues - can we reject it?

I wrote to you a few weeks ago about a fuse box fire in our 2013 Volkswagen Passat, which we have owned for almost six months now. We got our car back from the dealer on 19 October and everything thing seemed fine with the car. However, the wipers stopped working, lights started to appear on the dash and countless other problems occurred. Yesterday morning the car refused to start so we rang the dealer. We were told to ring the warranty provider, who told us that they would get the car recovered to another garage. I had a blazing row with them and told them to take the car back to the dealer as they were the last people working on the car. The car was recovered last night. Can we now reject this car as it's been off the road almost for almost six weeks? Talking to this dealer about the problems is like talking to a wall. I can't afford a solicitor at this stage.

If you bought the car within six months from the dealer who has been attempting to fix it then yes, you could attempt to reject it. But if it is worth more than £10,000 it won't be a Small Claim so could become a very expensive County Court case with no guarantee of a successful result.