A driver that hit my car claims it wasn't him - do I need to do anything other than make a claim?

On the 30 May 2017, an Audi S2 collided with my parked Alfa Romeo Sportwagon outside my house. It had to be written off. I have time-coded photos of the damaged Audi. It now seems that the other party is claiming to have been out of the country at the time and is therefore disputing liability. Do I simply complete our insurer's (Churchill) forms and let the insurers slug it out among themselves or do I need to involve a loss adjuster or claims handler?

There's no way the other party can dispute liability if their vehicle caused damage to yours. The important thing is that they're insured, as it's under that contract of insurance that you're covered under the Road Traffic Act. Ask your insurer to contact the at fault party's insurer, advising that they require to inspect the other party's vehicle to carry out a causation report. They can then establish whether that vehicle has been involved in a collision with your vehicle. It is possible another vehicle has been on fake plates and hit your vehicle, and the other person is telling the truth, but should they have damage to their vehicle this will quickly unfold. You can then leave it with your insurers. Alternatively, issue proceedings directly against the driver of the other vehicle and put them in a position where they will be in contempt of court for lying under oath. This is a much more severe situation to be in than they may have envisaged.