Nissan X-trail vs Discovery Sport - Which is easier to get in and out?

How easy is it to get in and out of the Nissan X-Trail or the Land Rover Discovery Sport? These are my two favorite choices but I need easy access for the Mother in-law who struggles getting in and out of cars.

Asked on 19 June 2016 by deemoo

X-Trail tested here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/nissan/nissan-x-tr.../ Discovery Sport here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/land-rover/land-ro.../ The Honda HR-V is particularly good in this respect. (My 92 year old mum likes it.): www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/honda/honda-hr-v-2.../