Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

We do 10,000 miles per year. Can you recommend a suitable 4WD SUV?

My wife and I have a 2015 Ford Kuga, which we are looking to replace it in the not too distant future. We enjoy the ride height and the practicalities of four wheel drive and we do not want an electric car or a plug-in hybrid. At the moment, we've been used to a manual gearbox but are aware that auto boxes are more prevalent. We don't cover as many miles as we used to, probably about 10,000 miles a year, if that. Does this negate the use of a diesel?

Asked on 15 June 2020 by

A modern diesel needs at least 15-miles (per journey) to keep the DPF healthy. If your driving does not accommodate for this, I would recommend a petrol. Perhaps something like the Mazda CX-30: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/mazda/cx-30-2020