I bought a used car advertised as having two previous owners but it actually has eight - what can I do?

I brought a 2010 Mercedes-Benz CLC three weeks ago. It was advertised as two previous owners but when I got the logbook yesterday it has eight. What should I do?

Asked on 9 March 2020 by Sara Bullis

If you bought it from a dealer then you will have strong grounds to reject the vehicle. If a private sale, you might be able to hold the seller liable if they advertised the vehicle with two previous owners or made it a key point when you viewed/test drove the car.

For your consumer rights, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/how-to-reject-a-car-your-cons.../

Regards,

Dan