Peugeot 106 - Starting Problem - TurningJohn

My Granddaughter has a 1.1 Peugeot 106 "R" reg. When starting the car normally, as you turn the key a solonoid or something similar operates, you can hear it from the drivers position although it is not so audible from under the bonnet. The car starts no problem.

Occasionally when you try to start the car there is no solonoid noise and no start.

I have in the past wiggled all the wires that I can see under the bonnet and that seemed to work, but now it doesn't. Could the fact that it started OK after the last wiggling of the wires be coincidental? I've seen a lot of posts which refer to the immobiliser aerial being at fault could this be the problem here?

What is the solenoid that seems to be operating?

Any ideas please .

John.

Peugeot 106 - Starting Problem - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Peugeot 106 - Starting Problem - madf

see:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=48820

(son's had this)

or

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=19636

Thanks for that, all the info I've gleaned seems to point towards the Immobiliser aerial so I'll try that first.

John

Peugeot 106 - Starting Problem - madf

Fiddly job. I used electronics plairs (small) iirc but it was 4-5 years ago)

Thanks for the try guys but after replacing the Aerial unit as advised there is still no life from the engine, it turns over ok but will not fire and I still cannot hear the solenoid or actuator working the way it used to when I first turn the key. I do hear a click which I believe is the relay under the ECU but no solonoid action.

Any further ideas please?

John.

Peugeot 106 - Starting Problem - casacco

Hi John,

how could you solve the starting issue at the end?

Thanks,

George

Peugeot 106 - Starting Problem - liammcl

could it be the fuel pump ? or a connection to it
(under the back seat)

the usual noise heard could be the fuel priming,
Liam

Edited by liammcl on 24/03/2019 at 04:28