1998 1.6 LX- starting problem - Korno
HI

got intermittent starting problem with 106 1998 R reg 1.6 XL auto
Main dealer diagnosed replacing injection multifunction double relay or transponder aerial replacement.
You mention immobiliser failure 1997 - 1999 models £15 fix.
Can you tell me the cure & save £160 bill @ main dealer?

Thanks

{header amended to make use of drop down menus}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 01/10/2008 at 13:32

Peugeot 106 - LeePower
To replace the transponder immobiliser aerial, its attached around the ignition barrel inside the steering column plastic trim, normally a few torx 20 screws hold that together & then unclip the aerial, unplug it & replace it with the new part & put it back together.

About 15 minutes to do this job.

Double relay unit is under the bonnet, no idea where Peugeot have hidden it on the 306, look around the front passenger side headlamp in the slam panel area because thats where its hidden on the 405, about £35 - £40 for this so the transponder aerial is the cheaper first option.

You need a 10mm spanner to undo one bolt & then just slide the red clip & the relay disconnects, refitting is reversals of removal.

Once you have found it this is a 5 minute job.

Both are common failure points as well.
Peugeot 106 - Screwloose

I seem to recall that the relay's bolted to the underside of the ECU mount.

Peugeot 106 - madf
The immobiliser cure is so cheap (and easy to do) I would do it first as a matter of course. Did it on son's 106 - took 30 minutes cos one screw was very tight and had to take care to avoid damaging head when removing it.
The intermittent starting was then 100% cured and has been Ok for past 2 years...
madf
Peugeot 106 - sparrowman
Hi Fellas

read the above posts with interest. I have a similar problem with 98 106 1.1 petrol. Though it is getting less intermittant! Can't seem to find out where to get new transponder aerial from, does anyone know part number so I can otrder it?

Thanks
98 1.1 Starting problem - sparrowman
Hi

can anyone help. I have intermittant starting problem on 98 1.1 independence, though its getting more permamnent!

The engine will turn over but won't fire, but after waiting a while it does. In the past have had the code reset on the immobiliser, but is doing it again. Previous posts on this forum suggest it may be to do with transponder aerial. How easy are replacements to get, does anyone know part number?

Any advice gratefully received

Ta