Mirrored NCD - Citroënian {P}
Hi all,

Just trying to arrange some insurance. You may recall I've got a Kia coming soon and need to do something with the C4 for a year. Looks like we might just keep the C4 parked up somewhere.

We've got NCD on the C4 we're putting onto the Kia policy. Thus, I thought we had no NCD to bring to the C4.

However, an insurance broker is telling me that insurance_company will mirror the NCD, giving full NCD on the C4 as well as the Kia. Only downside appears to be we can't protect the NCD on the C4.

I've no idea what mirrored NCD is, can anyone who understands it give me an idea of the things to worry about if I do go this route?

Thanks in advance,
Lee

Mirrored NCD - local yokel
Just another expression for an introductory discount.
Mirrored NCD - pmh
Tell us who the insurance company is! Various people in the past have tried to find companies who will do this, to effectively clone the NCD. I would question whether it will show as a NCD for transfer purposes.
--

pmh (was peter)

Mirrored NCD - davie.g
Was in a similar situation recently. Was offered a decent Grand Vitara 2.0TD from a friend and snapped it up. Couldn't bear to part with my petrol 1.8 Ford Focus (100751 miles on the clock) so having transferred my insurance to the GV I phoned around and The Post Office offered me 60% introductory discount on a second insurance policy for the Focus.

David G
Mirrored NCD - SlidingPillar
I did it with Northern Star, now Fortis. Had a policy since 1983 on one Morgan, and bought another in 1997.

No idea if they called it an introductory discount, but I effectively had a full no claims on the new car (actually not that new, it was made in 1930).

I did however have a services of a truly excellent broker who saved me money on other matters before he retired. Don't know how relevant it was.

But I think to do it, you need an impeccable long term history with the same company. Certainly if I was an agent I don't think I'd entertain the idea otherwise. In 1997, I'd not made a claim ever on that policy, and the only 'blot' if you can call it that was a bump up the back that I negotiated and settled privately; the insurance company were kept informed.
Mirrored NCD - Citroënian {P}
Done a bit more digging around, and thanks to the replies here I'm going for it.

The broker is Swintons, the insurance company Zurich.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I've never heard of this before but it's an excellent deal!