2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - CheapNcheerfull
Insurance due soon, went onto one of the 'everything cheaper' websites and managed to get a quote £60 cheaper than my current one, with an insurance company called AXA via swiftcover. Has anyone got had any great experience using these two, note I say great as not to fall foul of any censors 8-)

Also thinking of buying a sat nav, do not want to spend a fortune as I do about 7K private and about 3K work miles. Really wanted as the missus and kids are of to the South of France for the summer and has said she wold like to travel around a bit so has suggested SatNav, any recommendations to include 'safety Camera Alerts'

Ta
2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - Ruperts Trooper
AXA are one of the major players in car insurance.

I was insured with them until recent renewal. I had an accident where the cost of repair was equal to the cars value, I was expecting AXA to write it off but they authorised repairs so I'll give them a gold star!
2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - daveyjp
The cheapest quote I found was from swiftcover - then I found out they only communicate by e-mail, so goodbye to them. The opportunity to speak to someone may be useful one day.
2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - CheapNcheerfull
Daveyjp

Yes they said that they only quote and charge via the web, but I spoke to them regarding 6weeks european cover and they were good, and the lady said that to extend the cover to europe I would have to do this over the phone ?

Thanks for your reply
2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - buzbee
|Satnav|

Tom Tom One is a very good buy but only covers the UK. A friend wanted UK & France, where he goes a lot, but did not want to have to buy a more expensive version so as to get France.

He bought the TT1 (was about £190) and then, separately, a Euro-map on a second memory card, which he paid £85 for. He changes over the card when he is on the boat crossing the Channel.

He is very pleased with that arrangement.
2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - rtj70
buzbee your friend should have got a TomTom One Europe then.... better value for what they really wanted.

I would recommend a TomTom unit. If considering say a 510 then try to hang fire for the newer 520. But the One and One XL are smaller units but I do not think offer bluetooth mobile control which we all probably do not need.
2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - PhilDews
Re Swiftcover - I've had to phone them a couple of times, and always found it easy to get to speak to someone. Main problem I had was when we moved to a new house and the address wasn't on the royalmail database. Swiftly resolved by them, though. Good cheap prices too....
2 things, Insurance and Sat Nav - Chris White
I think your friend did very badly out of that deal.

Amazon do the TomTom One Europe for £184.50 incl. post - tinyurl.com/38p9hc

Chris