Inform insurers even if no claim? - bert-j
Just received my car insurance renewal forms. Looking at the small print there seems to be an implication that I must inform my insurers of any accident damage to the car even if I do not intend claiming. This could include a shopping trolley dent or bumper scrape that you may get repaired without making an insurance claim.
Quote 'Under the conditions of your policy you must tell us about any insurance related incidents ....... whether or not they will give rise to a claim'
Presumably, if one has a series of minor dents etc., then this could convince the insurers that you are greater risk. Any views, please, on this?
Inform insurers even if no claim? - nick
Do turkeys vote for Christmas? If there is no claim and no injury why on earth give them the opportunity to charge you more?
Inform insurers even if no claim? - LeighB
And with all due respect, how will they ever know?
Inform insurers even if no claim? - kithmo
"insurance related incidents" means just what it says, i.e. if you or a second or third party are claiming on insurance e.g. a claim against you or a claim by you. Not a shopping trolley ding, unless you're claiming off the supermarket etc.
Inform insurers even if no claim? - bert-j
Just checked with other insurers. When applying for insurance you are asked to list any accidents you may have had even if there was no claim. I'm probably being paranoid but in these times when so many data bases talk to each other ......................
Inform insurers even if no claim? - nick
If it has never been reported to anyone, how could it be on a database?
Inform insurers even if no claim? - Harmattan
Maybe I am misinterpreting the OP. Could it be like this: You get a small ding in a door in the supermarket car park. Nobody sees anything, it is annoying but no big deal. A month later you catch someone doing more serious damage while reversing into the same door. This time a claim is on the cards but insurance company says we see old damage you didn't tell us about, we are replacing the door but deducting £x because you didn't tell us beforehand the door was not 100% as it should be.
Inform insurers even if no claim? - Hamsafar
MAYBE it is because they are worries about claims from old incidents?
I think you have 2 years from an incident to make a claim against another person.
Maybe it's something to do with that?
Even if they don't have to pay out and your previous insurer does, it will in effect remove the requirement for them to be notified in retrospect and have to cancel or change your policy while in force to reflect this.
Inform insurers even if no claim? - Cliff Pope
'Under the conditions of your policy you must tell us about any insurance related incidents "

What is an insurance related incident? If an incident does not involve an insurance claim, how can it be insurance related?
Does it mean an incident that might have involved an insurance claim, but didn't?
The time I braked sharply and my passenger did not get whiplash injury?
The pedestrian who stepped out in front who I didn't run over?
The supermarket trolley that didn't scratch my paint?
Inform insurers even if no claim? - defender
my thoughts exactly Cliff,if you dont claim and its not likely to have a claim against you then dont bother telling your insurance co as its not insurance related
Inform insurers even if no claim? - Mattster
Just beware, if you've had a minor knock which you didn't tell them about, somebody else might have. I had a minor rear-end shunt which I admitted was my fault to the other driver. I offered to pay their bill and suggested we didn't need to tell the insurers. Unfortunately, she did anyway, so despite settling without a claim, I still need to declare the accident.
--
Mattster
Boycott shoddy build and reliability.