Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - bucca

I have a life time warranty to which I needed to make a claim. The water pump and thermostats housing were leaking. The vauxhall garage told me it should be covered by the warranty so made a claim only to be told that the warranty company were sending out an engineer to inspect to which he did. Problem came as he said it was wear and tear ! OK but everything is wear and tear so where is the line in the sand ? Vauxhall garage even though they say it should be covered can't complain to vauxhall as vauxhall have farmed warranty off to another company so is the warranty worth the paper it's written on? Might as give up and buy a Ford again if this is how there after sales work! BE WARNED

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - RT

I have a life time warranty to which I needed to make a claim. The water pump and thermostats housing were leaking. The vauxhall garage told me it should be covered by the warranty so made a claim only to be told that the warranty company were sending out an engineer to inspect to which he did. Problem came as he said it was wear and tear ! OK but everything is wear and tear so where is the line in the sand ? Vauxhall garage even though they say it should be covered can't complain to vauxhall as vauxhall have farmed warranty off to another company so is the warranty worth the paper it's written on? Might as give up and buy a Ford again if this is how there after sales work! BE WARNED

I like warranties that specify the mileage limit applied to each component.

Within GM, the word is that the UK-unique lifetime warranty was costing too much so was ended for new sales and sold off to limit GM's exposure.

sold off to who?

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - gordonbennet

How does a company sell off its previously high sell ''lifetime'', which plainly isn't, ''warranty'' to a third party and still manage to sell cars to the general public.

Now i know that little gem, thanks for that...and quite why it wasn't shouted from the rooftops one can only surmise, would wallets suffer?...that maker is consigned to the dustbin of history for me, new used whatever, good riddance.

I have no problem with them withdrawing the warranty from new car sales, business decision, but an honourable company would morally feel obliged to honour its commitments to customers who bought during the lifetime period in good faith, sounds like the ethics of a politician.

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - Metropolis.

Meanwhile, the forum has adverts for a variety of Vauxhall Corsas for sale on the right hand side of this page... no thanks!

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - Auristocrat

The Lifetime warranty wasn't just applicable to Vauxhall - Opel had the same warranty, but scrapped it in 2011 after only 12 months.

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - bathtub tom

Payless DIY once had the slogan on receipts: "If you're ever dissatisfied with one of our products, bring it back and we'll replace it", or something similar.

I'd bought an extractor fan which packed up after a few years. I'd kept the receipt with the delay setting instructions, so I took it back. The manager didn't like it, but give him his due, he replaced it.

I wonder why they're not around any more?

update,

just had a cheque through post from vauxhall for £200 refund to cover water pump replacement. Happy days!

taken them 10 months to do this and never asked or expected this but well done vauxhall.

this has restored my faith in vauxhall, maybe they have had lots of complaints about the new company the warrantys were sold on to

pity i have now sold the corsa and gone back to a fiesta!!

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - 72 dudes

update,

just had a cheque through post from vauxhall for £200 refund to cover water pump replacement. Happy days!

taken them 10 months to do this and never asked or expected this but well done vauxhall.

this has restored my faith in vauxhall, maybe they have had lots of complaints about the new company the warrantys were sold on to

pity i have now sold the corsa and gone back to a fiesta!!

Good result.

Just waiting for gordonbennet to come back saying he's placed an order for a new Astra - one with an electronic parking brake of course!

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall life time warranty - gordonbennet

Just waiting for gordonbennet to come back saying he's placed an order for a new Astra - one with an electronic parking brake of course!

Don't hold your breath..:-)

Though i must say i did like the Astra before they got the local bootboys in to kick the tailgate in and decided the resulting eyesore should be part of the facelift, facelifts are supposed to improve the car not leave you needing an optrex bath..

Good result for the OP and decent of them to come back and update the thread, thankyou OP.

Edited by gordonbennet on 11/07/2017 at 21:59