Should my daughter buy the Ford Platinum Warranty with her used Fiesta?

My daughter is buying her first car, a three-year-old Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec with Sport and Tech Packs. The dealer is offering her the Ford Platinum Warranty at £220 for one year, £318 for two years and £488 for three years. She is buying the car outright with no finance involved. Do you think an extended warranty is worth taking out on this car? Do you know whether this warranty is any good or should she shop around?

Asked on 5 September 2010 by chris mills

I'm not familiar with this warranty. It isn't expensive, so check its terms carefully, especially those relating to wear and tear exclusions.