I want a used SUV that offers refinement - what do you recommend?

I'm looking to buy an automatic mid-sized used SUV, with a budget of approximately £17,000. I've narrowed the choice down to an older BMW X3, Mazda CX-5 or a year old Hyundai Tucson. I'm very tall, so my first priority is space in the driver's seat. My other main priority is refinement, both at 20mph town driving and at speed. What would you recommend?

Either the X3 or the C-X 5; the X3 on 17-inch wheels with 225/60 R17 tyres and the CX-5 on 17-inch wheels with 225/65 R17 tyres. Of course, both of these are 4-cylinder diesels, so refinement will only be relative.