What small automatic would you recommend for long and short trips?

I'm 75 and I need a car for both short journeys around London and long journeys in France. What would you recommend: the Honda Jazz hybrid which looks reliable and easy to get into, the Toyota Yaris Hybrid (better on motorways) or a Volkswagen Polo?I think I need an automatic as I have a bad back. I'm not a great driver, but I prefer a bit of oomph. I'd also prefer a one year old car but not a necessity.

The Yaris hybrid doesn't have a lot of oomph, but is extremely reliable and extremely economical.